1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Techstream registration troubles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bmparent, May 30, 2019.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I'm pretty stoked about my new Techstream software and mini vci! I just can't register the software. I got the email back with the software key, one number was very long and the other was a shorter number next to various regions like North America, etc. I've tried both; when I get to the software registration page, I get a drop down that asked me to choose 'user type' and also to log in with a user name and password. I can't seem to get past this screen because I don't know what to choose or how to create log in info. I've written back to the person that sent me that key, but I thought you folks might know something...you always do...can't wait to plug this thing into my half-disassembled car!

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What version?

They usually come with a video. Have you watched that?

What region have you been choosing?

3. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm using the latest version, 14 point somethingm the latest one. It didn't come with a video, that I can see, but the customer service rep. did get back to me with a software key that did work, which was totally different that the first one he sent. I've been able to get around in the software a little bit so far, but there are a couple of screens that are asking me for log in info which I don't know what to make of. I suppose the real test will come tomorrow when I actually try to plug it into my car and start using it. I chose North American region.

4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If they have a customer service rep, I’d say keep the questions and ask if their support coming:).

Most times the equipment comes from China, is sent with a video and you’re left with google to figure it out :cool:.

Usually the error is fixable though (y).

bmparent likes this.