Tekonsha Prius Trailer Wiring 118701

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kromerok, Mar 13, 2018.

1. kromerok

kromerok New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Has anyone done the trailer wiring on a Gen 4 Prius? I was able to install everything but cant figure out what the red wire attaches to under the car. Im wondering if it could be behind the rear driver light and not underneath.

2. vacavillebob

vacavillebob New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have spent 10 hours trying to find that plug they talk about in the directions. I have remove the back of the car and the tail lights and no plug. I am starting to think that the 2017 Prius discontinued that plug. Now what to do?

3. vacavillebob

vacavillebob New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OK I found the plug. it is on the back of the lower part of the tail light on the drivers side. It is the clear plastic lens of your tail light. Unplug the light blub that is your brake light and that is the plug. Why didn't they just say that in the directions. I looked all over for a wire plug where they said and even their picture is not the right picture. Good Luck with yours. Bob

kromerok and RCO like this.
  4. kromerok

kromerok New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I had to have someone else do it for me. Curse of being a big guy with big hands. Funny thing is i called the company that made it and no one there knew how to do it either. Crazy times but its done. All I have left to do is run the power from back to front.

vacavillebob likes this.
  5. kromerok

kromerok New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring

Did you bring the wire to the battery inside the car or under? If inside how did you get it into the engine compartment?

6. vacavillebob

vacavillebob New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I brought my wire to the battery under the car, but inside of the plastic panels to protect the wiring from damage.

7. kromerok

kromerok New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I ended up doing mine along the inside of the car under the plastic and through the grommet.