1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tell me why Bush shouldn't be impeached

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by endoildependency, Oct 8, 2005.

1. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

There are two very good reasons why Bush shouldn't be impeached. First, this way it's easier to keep an eye on him...

Second...Dick Cheney
    Second... Condoleza Rice
    Second...Donald Rumsfeld

(I went to the same grade school as "dubbya") :huh:

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

<_< There's no chance of impeaching him while his party is in the majority in the senate. If that changes, the definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors" is up to the discretion and hubris of the party in power as demonstrated in Clinton's impeachment where lying in a civil suit was interpreted as such by Republicans.

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Kiloran:

First let me correct you...
    Clinton LIED to a Federal Grand Jury, and to a sitting FEDERAL JUDGE. He was charged with that, pleaded out was fined and lost his law license for one year. He also SETTLED a civil suit with appx $940,000. THAT IS SLIGHTLY different from your simplistic statement. The problem was not the sexual act, but his interference with, and his taking steps to impede the efforts of a Grand Jury and a Federal Judge (who was appointed by him by the way). Congress did vote on articles of impeachment in favor, and the Senate rejected such action as per the Constitution. While his acts were in a private nature, his actions FOLLOWING, with respect to Grand Jury investigations, AND a Federal Judge were the basis for the impeachment actions.

You may find VERY similar comparison with the current situation and ROVE. He will NOT be indicted on the ACTIONS, (ie "outing" the CIA agent), he may be indicted (likely will be) for interfering and lying to a Grand Jury., JUST LIKE CLINTON DID. By the way Kerry outed a true COVERT AGENT from the CIA, by stating his full name and the fact he was a CIA agent in public, knowing this was classified, and I did not hear the press complaining...

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

As for impeachment...

WHAT FOR ??? be FACTUAL, and relate it to the U.S. Constitution, there are very specific circumstances for impeaching a sitting President, and the make up of the Congress or Senate has little to do with it, you either meet the conditions or standards or NOT.

5. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

6. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

Toooooooooo funny! Thanks for posting the link, I've sent it to many friends.

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Hysterically TRUE

8. mitchbf

mitchbf New Member

:) Glad you liked that. Wish more people would... ;)

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That is very funny, just not sure it build much of an impeachment case against "W".