1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

telling if cable is engaged

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by MNdriver, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a quick question. Not having an ability to charge at home (yet!) I have no experience with setting up a charging schedule.

If I plug in the cable but the car isn't scheduled to charge until later, will the little light at the charging port go on? How about the little light in front of the passenger seat?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I need to unplug/replug or wiggle the cable a bit to get the charger to start. I'm wondering if I'll know whether to do that if the timer won't start the charging until later.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't sound right. don't hold the button when inserting the evse. there should be a definite click, as the lever clasps onto the hasp.
    if not, see your dealer.

3. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If there is an event scheduled, then when you plug in the cable, the light in the charge port will blink a few times. If no event scheduled, then it should stay on and your charging should begin. If there is an event scheduled and you want to charge anyway, you need to unplug and replug the cable.

bisco and joachimz like this.
  4. joachimz

joachimz Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    yep ... i have scheduled charging, when you plug in, light turns on and then blinledks ...
    or, in addition to plug-in twice, when you turn off the car, select "charge now", again, this will only show when you have events scheduled

Prius from Dad likes this.
  5. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you for the help! Looking forward to actually being able to do this.