Tema 4x4 lift kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Marcilla Smith, Jan 30, 2019.

1. artrockets

artrockets Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And another thing... If you install a lift, be sure to add a block or two(2x6 scrap etc..) to your spare tire kit/tools. Cause I'm not sure the stock prius jack will be able to lift the car high enough in the event you need to change out a flat tire.

2. artrockets

artrockets Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First off road test.. dry grass field/hillside.. Nothing crazy. When it gets stuck going over the curb, I think the rear wheel comes off the ground for a moment...

This car has never failed me.

Marcilla Smith and Calimobber like this.
  3. Marcilla Smith

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, Art, your Prius looks great!

How do the tires look with regard to the lower spring seat flange? I want to swap my stock rubber for some 205/75R15's, which should have about .3" more in radius.

Also, earlier in this thread, I talked about prepping for the TN Gambler. As an update, I have not been super impressed with the amount of info forthcoming from the organizers, therefore I'm going to hold off and see if the Atlanta Gambler seems more worth the trip. There's a FB page for a NC Gambler, but it appears inactive

SFO likes this.
  4. artrockets

artrockets Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "How do the tires look with regard to the lower spring seat flange?"...

I'v got a full inch between tire and flange on the fronts.. Sorry about the glare on the tape measure, couldn't find a good angle.
    [​IMG]

The rears though.. I only have 1/4-5/16" of gap there.. But it's some kind of plastic brace at the bottom of the wheel wells, which seems removable if needed..
    [​IMG]

Marcilla Smith and SFO like this.
  5. Doug Stephens

Doug Stephens New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Artrockets, Where did you get the hardened replacement bolts? The bolts that came with my kit have a funky serrated collar, kind of like a gear on them, never seen anything like that before. Looks to me like M8 1.25 x 70mm and M10 1.25 x 70mm.

Dale Denton, what is the purpose of the spacer blocks you inserted between the coil spring loops? I get that they give you a slight bit more lift but they also change the spring rate by some small amount. Why do you think they are a good thing?

I'm about to install my kit on my 2006. Wish I had been able to scrounge some Corolla sway bars by now.

6. artrockets

artrockets Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, the kit comes with splined bolts.. The theory being you press/hammer those splines into the bolt hole and they keep the bolt from spinning while you tighten. I got my hardened bolts with the same metric size thread at a local place.. http://www.specialtytoolandbolt.com

You can see their website, so maybe you can find/google a similar place near you.. I don't wanna call it a machine shop, but that's all I can come up with to label it. Home Depot would have probably have something.. maybe..

On the rear shocks, 1 of the three nuts is welded to the car. So that thread size has to remain the same. All the other bolts you technically could swap out for a similar diameter bolt with the appropriate nuts..