1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tema 4x4 lift kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Marcilla Smith, Jan 30, 2019.

1. MathWeijzen

MathWeijzen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    OK I get it....thanks!

#101 MathWeijzen, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Assuming the above math is correct, then the vehicle would see an additional raised height of 1.75 inches, or 4.445 cm.

3. MathWeijzen

MathWeijzen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
  4. priusdude101

priusdude101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just thought I'd give my 2 cents with my experience on the aluminum tema rising lift. I got it because my prius is a beater and didn't want to fork over the extra cash for the Prius offroad kit. I regret it, ended up costing me more time and hassle. The front and rear serrated bolts are too loose and either must be tack welded (had to go to a local shop) or the rears can be replaced with hex bolts. There's enough clearance to fit a wrench underneath the rears as you're tightening. Not sure of the quality of the bolts they come with, but I just ended up buying all new hex head bolts at various hardware stores that had them in stock. Couldn't find anybody selling these size serrated studs but in reality they can all be replaced with whatever size you can find, except for the one in each of the rear struts with a welded nut. Ended up needing to buy an impact wrench to get the strut bolts off. The front passenger strut gave me a hard time as the cv hits the lower control arm, but I ended up using a lug wrench and a jack to lift the strut perch enough to get a bolt through the strut. If you buy this kit its definitely a good idea to plan ahead if you're gonna buy better bolts, if you need to get the bolts welded at a shop etc.

ColoradoCrow, SFO and David Wells like this.