1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Temp Warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dano, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Oddest_raindrop

Oddest_raindrop New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    edited for repeat do to strange computer happenings... the aliens have landed:eek:

2. Oddest_raindrop

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hate to revive a dead thread but (hey it rhyms) I have noticed it not only when you go down to 37F but up to 37 F too. I have a 2008 and there is no snow flake. Now with that out the way does any body really know the precise meaning behind it? If it is telling you anything else? I could see 34 or 32 or 30.. But theres nothing I can think of at 37 unless it something changed on the car. But what?

3. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I assume it's just telling you to beware because freezing is right around the corner.

Or maybe that's the temp at which water freezes in Japan.:)

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    5* off freezing but could the road be 5* colder? Could there be ice in a gully? Be careful, there may be some ice on the road. Makes sense to me. Maybe because I live where ice sometimes but rarely forms on the road I can see that it is a good thing.

Main thing that prevents ice here is that when it rains it is overcast so doesn't get as cold.

5. Oddest_raindrop

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    but even if you go from cold to warm it shows up and you woudl think it would show up on colder temps not just one degree. And it's not up there long easy to miss. Kind of weird public service anouncement

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hard to see why this deserves so much attention to be honest with ya. its like the last blinking pip... it only suggests that its time to consider getting gas. it by no means is intended to say "get gas immediately". it only means that it is now time to plan to refuel.

the snowflake is just as general. means that road conditions merit some thought.

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How often have you run out of fuel thinking the flashing bar on the gauge just suggests it's time to consider getting fuel?

I'm fine with the snowflake.

8. Oddest_raindrop

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    well it makes even less sence when in the 2008 model they get rid of the snowflake and it just says. The tempurature is 37F. If you going to have a warning at least have it make sence. I can see the way the gas gauge works that it might not be acurate. But 37 and only 37 degrees for a short period why even bother with it?