1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Temporary Brake Warning light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by occhiperonde, Nov 7, 2007.

1. occhiperonde

occhiperonde New Member

:unsure:
    I just bought a second hand '03 Prius in great condition from my sister. She never had any problems with it. The other morning on my drive into work I slowed for a right turn onto the highway and then gradually accelerated on a straightaway when my brake warning light came on ("BRAKE") for 3 seconds and then blinked off again. Nothing else felt wrong or out of place and the light didn't appear again for a week or so. Then it happened again--same time in the morning, same right turn, same spot on the straightaway. This time I took my foot off the gas, but the light stayed on for 4 seconds and blinked off. A few more days went by and it happened again--all the elements were the same, this time it stayed on for 5 seconds and then blinked off. Has anyone ever experienced this issue? Is it just a coincidence that it happens under the same exact conditions each time? I'm concerned that it's the brake light too. Any advice?

2. jtom888

jtom888 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Sounds like your Prius needs to have its brake fluid topped off. Happened to me, too. Check the fluid level before you first start your car. If it's below minimum, just add some DOT3 fluid.