1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

temporary cover for antenna mount?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by archibald tuttle, Oct 3, 2018.

1. archibald tuttle

archibald tuttle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    my own fault for not being aware of the normative antenna install, that the used 2012 prius V we bought must have been stripped of its antenna in some carwash or other incident before we got it. right now i'm just looking for the smart way to cover the hole while i look at grabbing another one and getting with a friend to pull the headliner so we can put it in.

i suppose i could just get creative with a dab of sillicone caulk but it is a pretty sizeable hole. wondering if there are any snap on covers or maybe something with butterfly nut to hold it down just to keep out the rain. thanks

brian

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would probably put a small piece of metal duct tape on the hole. I may have the base and cable that I would sell cheap. It will work for fm and am. The xm part failed. Otherwise Toyota has three different bases.

See pic AD2F53EA-D80E-480F-B4CC-E3FE23AD4746.jpeg

#2 rjparker, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    #3 rjparker, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  4. archibald tuttle

archibald tuttle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    can you PM about your antenna. i don't car about XM, i do care about AM/FM. and do you have any pics or recollections about where the connector is actually located in the prius V. the antenna mount it self is so close to the back hatch that it looks to me like just losing the three buttons at the read end of the headliner would probably give enough access to bolt the new one on but i'm not sure where the connector is headed. from the post you linked it sounded like the connection must be right (passenger side) rear corner. sounds like you pulled the interior side trim around the rearmost window to pull down that corner. any recollection on methods, connections. there is not link to the toyota instructions you mentioned in the post although there is another thread linked above i can try and look at.

thanks, brian (PS sorry i didn't get back soone - i still haven't figured out where in the preferences i get this site to bounce me an email when someone replies.)

5. rjparker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    #5 rjparker, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018