1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Temporary exhaust solution?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Dummy, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You may have seen in my other thread that I recently had my catalytic converter stolen. I have ordered parts to fix it but they won't be here for almost two weeks. The jerks unbolted from the manifold so I am literally running an open manifold. It's very loud and I'll probably get stopped by the police because of it. I have asked the muffler shop to install a temporary pipe to route the exhaust through the muffler until my parts get here but they refuse. I understand of course.

If the thieves had cut the pipe I could have installed a patch pipe myself but they unbolted at the manifold. I tried asking a parts store if they had a piece of exhaust pipe that had a flange that would bolt to my manifold but they don't carry one.

Do you know where I can get a flange that will bolt to my manifold? I mean locally like Napa Auto parts or something like that. Part numbers and the proper name of the part I want would be great. Thank you in advance!

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do any local junkyards have a dead Prius with the flange present, with or without the cat?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It’s Labor Day weekend and I haven’t found one that is open that carries Prius parts. I was hoping someone know the name and dimensions of a flange fitting that will bolt to my manifold

#3 Dummy, Sep 3, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Guys (crooks?) that deal in "salvaged" catalytic converters would maybe cut those flanges off, hopefully with a bit of pipe.

Attached Files:

fuzzy1 likes this.
  5. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I doubt it. To much work for what they would get. Toss it all in the recycle pile