1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla battery installation

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by PeakOilGarage, Nov 13, 2008.

1. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Tesla # 55 owner Bill Arnett was present for the installation of his battery system. Tesla allowed him to make detailed pictures of the process.

As far as I know, this is one of the most detailed series of public pictures about this process.

Tesla battery installation Peak Oil Garage

[​IMG] Tesla # 55 battery installation

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for that! The guy's got some good camera skills too, great photos throughout.

3. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait until you have results to post.

---Kent

4. PeakOilGarage

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My Tesla is # 869 and not due to be delivered until next summer. There will be plenty of others posting data well before I get the opportunity.

As I understand it, they are delivering around #60 right now. They are on pace for 12 per week. By early 2009 they will have production at 30 to 40 per week.

Their goal is to have steady sales and production of 40 per week (2,000 per year). That is the maximum of the current line for Lotus 'gliders' in England.

If they produce more than 40 per week it would require a second line and that makes it unprofitable unless they can sell 3,000+ per year.

5. Ogo

Ogo Prius Owner since 2008

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that due to recession, unfortunately they will not need a second production line. But I wish them good luck in this hard times. It is essential for future of the car industry, that innovative companies like Tesla Cars stay alive. They are pioneers of modern electric car industry. Their hard work will enable investments in electric car component industry and sooner than later, due to technological progress, electric car will become affordable also for average Joe The Plumber.

6. PeakOilGarage

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I agree. I think that the survival of Tesla is far more important than the survival of a company like Chrysler. Tesla has done much of the R&D work for battery management systems and they are now licensing their battery system and technology to other small and large auto manufacturers.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A