1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla Chooses Downey over Long Beach for Plant Location

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by efusco, Nov 24, 2009.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    TESLA CHOOSES DOWNEY OVER LONG BEACH TO MAKE ELECTRIC CARS The Long Beach District Weekly Your Source for Long Beach News

TESLA CHOOSES DOWNEY OVER LONG BEACH TO MAKE ELECTRIC CARS

Dave WielengaMon. November 23

Tesla Motors has selected the City of Downey over the City of Long Beach as the manufacturing site for its new Model S, a four-door all-electric family sedan, The District Weekly learned early this afternoon—apparently, we discovered about 5 p.m., at about the same time as The Downey Patriot waslearning the same thing.
    “We’re very close to being able to make an official announcement,†Downey Mayor Mario Guerra confirmed during a brief telephone interview this afternoon. “I’m about to call a special meeting of the city council, and we’ll likely have an official announcement next week. Cars ought to be rolling off the line in 2011.â€

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Downey ... home of Karen Carpenter, back in the day. It's a small world after all (as we say at Disney :eek:) . . . heck, Downey is where I bought my 1st home back in '79 ... the days of 13% inflation. There are a ton of empty manufacturing places there ... THAT's for certain. Tesla should be getting a GREAT lease price, therefore. My mom retired from Rockwell, (now Boing) which in substantial part, built the space shuttle & lunar rovers etc. So we're talking BIG buildings.

3. Ichiro

Ichiro Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am amazed that anyone is planning to do manufacturing anywhere in California, especially automotive.