1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Tesla deal with Electrify America (VW) charging stations

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by 3PriusMike, Feb 4, 2019.

1. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tesla reaches deal with Electrify America to deploy Powerpacks at over 100 charging stations
    Tesla reaches deal with Electrify America to deploy Powerpacks at over 100 charging stations - Electrek

Tesla and Electrify America, VW’s electric vehicle charging network, announced that they reached a deal for the former to deploy Powerpacks at over 100 charging stations operated by the latter.

I know that it is really cold in some places...but here in CA it has been in the 50s and 60s.
    But did H3LL freeze over and I missed it?

Mike

Raytheeagle and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    strange bedfellows, or keep your friends close and your enemies closer?:cool:

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My thoughts:
    1. Electrify America has f*cked it up - looking at PlugShare comments, Electrify America has actually made a charging network that makes the worse (i.e., blink) look good. They are incompetent and have no clue.
    2. It does't matter - there are non-Tesla, power storing battery 'claimants' whose credibility is totally unknown and doubted. It will be impossible for Electrify America to blame the Tesla powerwall as failing given the degree Tesla insists on recording engineering metric for every use. The Electrify America lawyers are in for a rude awaking.
    A TSLA stock holder, sell product even to idiots.

Bob Wilson

bisco likes this.
  4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    When VW is involved, is anyone surprised? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Tesla was probably, simply the cheapest supplier. These units are ones they sell for commercial use, and VW doesn't have their own battery supplier.

6. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Interesting day on Google News. Tesla to sell powerwall battery storage to competitor, German automakers may be considering buying a gigafactory for battery production since they are short of batteries for their ambitions, Tesla buys a solid state batter developer, Tesla develops a batter battery, and how Tesla's cells are better packaged (cells themselves, not battery pack) than a competitor.

OTOH, 20k preorders in Europe for Model 3. Seems low as that is only 3 weeks of production capability and the US orders/deliveries have dropped.

Of course it just may be that Google is efficient at seeing the nature of the articles I'm reading but still...

#6 mikefocke, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    without numbers, it's all meaningless. the only data, 20k pre orders, is 20k more pre orders than any other manufacturer :p