1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Tesla is Going Out of Business, says former GM Vice Chairman.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by exstudent, Nov 18, 2017.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Most of my local am stations are on the internet ;-) I believe tesla's use tunein. Try this to see if your local stations are picked up by the internet radio in a Tesla. Stream Local Radio | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
    I have not listened to am in over a year, but yes I do occasionally to hear live sports while traveling. I'm sure you can carry a portable am radio for all those important times, and use something like tunein for the local stations while traveling.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Steaks are up - medium rare anyone?
    Non-employee reservation holders are now getting their email notice;
    "Your Configure page is now Open"
    Woohoo !
    [​IMG]

Tesla Opens Model 3 Configurator to Non-Employees

they better order quick ... because you know, they're going out of business.

#102 hill, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. KokomoKid

KokomoKid Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I tried tunein for one station, and it wasn't there, but I could get it with simpleradio app. I don't use AM often, but, for now, my cars have AM/FM radios.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It must be a local thing. I doubt I've listed to an AM station in the past 15 years. Every once in a while while traveling I'll find myself scanning for local AM stations of interest but I've never found anything.

5. KokomoKid

KokomoKid Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The places I am, with actual local stuff on AM, are towns/cities of about 100K or less population.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Smoke and mirrors?!

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The front of a 400,000 member line just shuffled forward.

Bob Wilson

hill likes this.
  8. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Shuffled? They should be running!!

9. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Any mention of the dinosaur that is Bob Lutz and his delusions make my skin crawl.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What's it been, 7 days since the last post? I thought the tesla deathwatch would be over & the company would have folded by now.

- wait, Lutz didn't he say it would happen in his lifetime. Maybe he's the one that should be on deathwatch considering his fossilized persona ...
    SpaceX Secures $100M in New Funding
    Wonder if the latest $100 million that just got injected into Tesla will delay our favorite Automotive soothsayer's forcast.

bwilson4web likes this.
  11. KokomoKid

KokomoKid Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tesla and SpaceX are separate companies, though Elon Musk heads both. Tesla is publicly traded. SpaceX is not.

SM-G950U using PriusChat mobile app

RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  12. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I requested my refund on 11/22 I was told to expect it within 30-60 business days. To whoever moved up one spot in line, you're welcome.

RCO likes this.
  13. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I usually drive my Prius Hybrid to the store and get my beer in minutes. But I am still impressed that Amazon can deliver my oil change supplies in two days cheaper than I can get them at an auto parts store. No Prius required.

My overloaded memory recalls Elon Musk I and Tesla I: John DeLorean and the DMC-12. The memory prompts me to be interested in the condition of Elon's nose as a possible clue to imminent failure of Tesla Motors. :)

#113 William Redoubt, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
    scona likes this.
  14. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tesla S is starting to look old. When is a refresh scheduled?

15. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I disagree. People don't just buy Corvettes, Mustangs and Chargers because they can go from A to B in x seconds. Although many of those models are generally thought of as fast automobiles, their inability to compete with a faster Bolt would not send enthusiasts running away. Additionally, as an owner of a C6 Grand Sport Corvette, I can tell you that I would easily leave behind a 2 second Bolt on Virginia International Raceway's full course, since my enjoyment of driving my vette hinges more on its braking and handling on a technically demanding course, than it's 0-60 capability. I also still like the way my vette looks.

orenji and Trollbait like this.
  16. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Luxury sports sedans change slowly. Why do you think it looks old. It is a 5 year old design with major refreshes and is the leader in a shrinking segment.
    Large Luxury Cars Sales In America - October 2017 -
    The model S vastly outsells in the US the flagships from Lexus, BMW, Audi, Cadillac, and the above mentioned mercedes.

My guess is we will get a redesign for the 2020 or 2021 model year, after a model Y, roadster, and semi truck are out. The model X may get a redesign before then as it does not do nearly as well in its segment. The shanghai factory opening also should be around 2021. I do not believe that the Fremont factory really has even enough people to work on the model 3. They need to hire up and train before changing the S, which seems to be crushing sales expectations of those other luxury car makers.

17. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It will be interesting to see if Tesla follows the cosmetic refresh approach most other car makers have used or if the changes are more functional (motor, battery, sensors, display, etc). Porsche has used the mostly functional changes approach for their mid-cycle refresh and it worked for them. You have to look very knowingly to tell a 2002 Boxster from a 2003 and the refresh was 6 years into the model build cycle.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Luxury cars tend to have longer generational cycles (although the S-Class recently has had 5 year cycles for two generations).

RCO likes this.
  19. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    German cars such as the S class meet a certain conservative stance. German cars have always taken a more conservative approach to model changes. Porsche 911 has not changed its shape in 50 years. It works for them. Lexus is always at the forefront in design and takes it to the extreme, but also knows its market place. Tesla being such a new player and wanting to stand out from the competion had a pretty bland design. Fisker which was supposed to be the design of Tesla before it was taken away from them, has a much more striking design. IMO Tesla is starting to look old.

William Redoubt likes this.
  20. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Forgive me, but your opinions of Tesla seem slanted and off base ;)
    "Fisker" was never supposed to be the design of Tesla.
    Henrik Fisker did do some early design work for Tesla which Tesla didn't like (Thank god). Tesla fired Henrik who then used some of the ideas of Tesla for the mechanics of the company he created, "Fisker". Some would say it was a great design (I wouldn't) but it was all design and engineering took a back seat to looks.
    Tesla also has updated the model S, and continues to do so every week. Most updates are minor, some are bigger. I would rather have a 2017 S than a 2012. I like the front fascia much more.
    When they have an improvement, they start using it, rather than waiting every 4-6 years to heap a whole bunch of changes at once.

And yes, it is a more conservative look than some.