1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla runs red light into a semi-trailer truck

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Mar 16, 2021.

1. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    1 not actually
    2 I'm not assuming this is the first and only time, I'm using the ratio provided in the thread. the Tesla (auto pilot engaged) ratio of hits vs regular humans driving. that's all.

3 the number of hours and miles driven was not the metric used in the examples that I read, in this thread. it was only the ratio of Tesla auto pilot strikes vs humans driving strikes, in emergency vehicles.

2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Which is a mistake, since there's no evidence to support it.

privilege likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Regardless, Tesla held AI day, a recruitment drive:
    Artificial Intelligence & Autopilot | Tesla

We develop and deploy autonomy at scale in vehicles, robots and more. We believe that an approach based on advanced AI for vision and planning, supported by efficient use of inference hardware, is the only way to achieve a general solution for full self-driving and beyond.
    . . .
    Build silicon chips that power our full self-driving software from the ground up, taking every small architectural and micro-architectural improvement into account while pushing hard to squeeze maximum silicon performance-per-watt. Perform floor-planning, timing and power analyses on the design.
    . . .
    Apply cutting-edge research to train deep neural networks on problems ranging from perception to control. Our per-camera networks analyze raw images to perform semantic segmentation, object detection and monocular depth estimation. Our birds-eye-view networks take video from all cameras to output the road layout, static infrastructure and 3D objects directly in the top-down view.
    . . .
    Throughput, latency, correctness and determinism are the main metrics we optimize our code for. Build the Autopilot software foundations up from the lowest levels of the stack, tightly integrating with our custom hardware. Implement super-reliable bootloaders with support for over-the-air updates and bring up customized Linux kernels.
    . . .
    Build open- and closed-loop, hardware-in-the-loop evaluation tools and infrastructure at scale, to accelerate the pace of innovation, track performance improvements and prevent regressions.
    . . .
    Develop the next generation of automation, including a general purpose, bi-pedal, humanoid robot capable of performing tasks that are unsafe, repetitive or boring.
    . . .

Tesla continues their advance to the leading edge and hiring the best and the brightest. Tesla skeptics need not apply as they've already failed the application review.

Bob Wilson

4. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    yuuuuup!

I went back and checked, you're correct. I just took someone else's 1:6000 or whatever they mentioned and ran with it. that is definitely a huge mistake. I assumed they had evidence instead of checking

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    maybe check as far as post #57 ?
    The ratio of driver assist vs no assist is is 1 to 6X .... not 6000X

#65 hill, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    privilege likes this.
  6. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I read one link (apparently not in this thread) that was referring to hitting emergency vehicles. either way, I screwed iup the ratio so bad none of it matters now.

if I find the link again I'll post it.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Perhaps it is best to wait on the NHSTA to share their results?

We can then start from a common set of facts (or what they report.)

Bob Wilson

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    sadly - few of the fans that love love love to look for faults with tesla, ever go out of their way to do an update when reports show driver error or outright under the influence. Take the examples below, which, next to DUI's in tesla is all too common;

Driver Who Was Watching Movie When His Tesla Struck Cop Car Gets Legal Pass | The Smoking Gun

and yet the list of dui type bad drivers/car not at fault goes on . . . . .

Several officers, 1 civilian injured after suspected intoxicated driver strikes patrol vehicle

Tesla driver arrested after colliding with CHP vehicle on SR-56 - JusticeNewsFlash.com

Tesla on Autopilot rear-ends Arizona DPS vehicle on interstate shoulder

#68 hill, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021