1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Tesla to report big drop in sales. Probably.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by schja01, Apr 2, 2019.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    cloth? you mean like a cotton or polyester blend? What kind of fabric are you looking for.

2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I don’t know if anyone has one yet, as deliveries of them start today.
    People have had a chance to buy the base model and will be receiving them starting today.

The link with all this data is the one Critic posted, which you immediately responded to.

Here is a section of that article:

And here is the link to the full article.

An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup | Tesla

#82 Zythryn, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    IMHO who cares
    Tesla Model 3 Price Updates – Lineup Doesn't Include "$35,000" Car

My guess is they will not do a change over to cloth interior at this time, that may come later. People are getting a nicer car with more range for the money if they ordered or now order it, but most will want the extras of the standard range plus.

4. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    That was my understanding too. Should be interesting to see what those that were 'lucky' enough to order the 35K model actually get.

5. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If I were going to buy a Model 3, I'd want an extended range, 4-wheel-drive with cloth seats and no autopilot. A friend of mine just got a blue ER 4WD but he had no choice but to get the "upgraded interior" (which he didn't want), and all he has is a 60 day free trial of autopilot. He told me he's never even activated cruise control yet, much less autopilot, and he has no intention of ever using or buying autopilot. Seems now that's not even an option.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    6F87FFCF-E232-4228-A2CC-895B2AA4D875.jpeg
    This guy gave up! Seems to be happy!

Raytheeagle likes this.
  7. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Prius from Dad and orenji like this.
  8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    maybe consider entering the Olympics, seeing how far someone just JUMP to conclusions.

Here's a simple explanation by example .... the way many a new model car purchaser strategizes - based on reality, rather than a simplistic presumption.
    A car buyer wants a vanity plate for their car not yet produced. So before that vanity plate gets snapped up by another, you buy the plate that says whatever, & you put it on your EXISTING car, because that's what the law requires you to do in Cali. Once your new car is manufactured, you move that vanity plate over to your new car - like the vanity plate below .... spelled thusly because your new car can blow other cars away - like a Kleenex blows your nose, & because your new car is clean fueled (from your own home's solar) & because your new car is a model X. You have a triple entendre;
    20190421_080340_HDR-1-1.jpg
    And there you go. Similarly - you might have a Honda .... patiently waiting for their cheap model 3.
    But hey, good luck during the next Olympics, breaking the record, jumping to conclusions

Yea - we had the above plate on a Lexus for the longest time as we patiently waited production. It didn't make any sense but that's what we had to do to make sure somebody else didn't buy the vanity plate before us. When we unloaded X, the new owner took it w/ him.

#88 hill, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    HMMMMM possible, but likely he is just being funny!