1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test drive today and ordered one

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sho-Bud, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Today I took a test drive at our Toyota dealer an I must say: the car really drives nice.
    I ordered a silver 2006 Bussiness Edition, which in The Netherlands comes with the following options:
    Front, side and curtain airbags, VSC, JBL audio systems with 9 speakers, DVD navigation with bluetooth and TMC, foglights and SKS. Tires are 195/55 16 inch and usually Michelin.
    As an extra option I ordered a carbon interiour filter, an extra bluetooth phone option (I don't know exactly what it will give me besides a holder for the phone).
    Got a good trade-in price for my old car plus some discount on the MSRP.
    Delivery will be in May.
    So, I'll soon join the family. :D

I also let them put in an extra power plug for the passengers in the back, easy for charching a laptop or so, and for my wife the salesman will arrange a miniature model of the Prius (on her request)

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to Prius ownership. Sounds like a pretty good option package. I like the European wheels and tires better than what we get.

3. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Unfortunately leather is only availlable as a dealer option over here (not original by Toyota) and about $2000 so I took the standard interior, however, leather steering wheel is standard on all 2006 versions over here. Is that the same in The US?

4. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Leather steering wheel and console is only available on Package 8.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I'm envious. In the US, these cars either come in the TreeHugger, Geek, or Gay edition. Would be nice to live in a more enlightened country.

(Sorry, I'm a little bitter because someone kicked in my bumper yesterday for no apparent reason.)

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In the US, people usually come in the Envious, Ignorant, or Stupid edition. I am glad I own a more enlightened auomobile.

BigDaddy, that's just downright rude.

Sho-Bud: welcome to Priuschat. I hope your car arrives quickly.

7. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, I wasn't aware of those packages. Could you enlighten me? Which one would you recommend?

Andy

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Sho-Bud: welcome to wild and woolly PriusChat! You're apt to run into this sort of banter at any time.

The carbon filter isn't even an option in the US.

You might ask the dealer if you can borrow an Owners Manual to look at between now and May. That, and ask questions here. :)

9. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the welcome.
    I'll try if the dealer has a manual to lend to me.

10. sprett

sprett New Member

Hey Sho-Bud, do you have any idea when the first 2006`s will arrive in netherlands? Maybe they already have? I haven´t seen any 2006`s in sweden yet and my dealer doesn´t have a clue as exactly when they will start to deliever them. I can´t even get a straight answer about the different option packages. How much is does the automatic park assist option cost in the netherlands?

11. sprett

sprett New Member

Hey again Sho-Bud, i just saw at toyota netherlands homepage that the tech and business edition was practically the same price but the tech edition had simpler stereo and no blutooth but instead had park assist as standard. Is that correct and does parkassist mean it has the fully automatic parkingsystem?

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

You are right. That was a envious, ignorant, and stupid comment all rolled into one. My apologies for the post.

Welcome to the forum Sho-Bud.

13. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't worry Bigdaddy :p

14. notsure

notsure New Member

Welcome, it is always fun to read about the car experience from other countries.

15. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Sprett, you're correct. The Tech Edition has the automatic parking system, but a simpler audio and navigation system, whereas the Bussiness Edition doesn't have the Intelligent Parking Assist, but it has the better audio and navigation.

16. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi again Sprett,

the dealer said that at this moment delivery time is between 2 and 3 months for the 2006 model.
    I think you have allready seen the 3 models on the Dutch Toyota website, and that is it for The Netherlands.

17. sprett

sprett New Member

Yes, I have been in to the Dutch Toyota website and checked out the different options, but according to you the tech edition has a simpler navigation. Simpler in what way? Lack of bluetooth is mentioned, but is it something more?

And when I asked about when they will arrive, I meant just as I wrote. When will they be delivered to customers? The reason why I asking is this : I ordered a business edition 4 months ago but I specifically said I wanted one of the first "new" 2006´s that comes in. Now I have another problem, what shall I choose? Tech or business? Tough choice!!

I´m pretty sure Sweden and Holland will get the same optionpackages....

Keep up the writing Sho-Bud!

18. ca_gary

ca_gary Dazed & Confused

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    "also let them put in an extra power plug for the passengers in the back, easy for charching a laptop"...

wow - didn't know I could request this. Is this something I can get in the US? I got my Prius yesterday and asked about all the possible dealer options... this wasn't even mentioned (even though I told him that my kids sit in the back and watch DVD's on my laptop...)

ya think I can add this afterwards??

They told me the alarm system is the only thing that I can add and I would have gotten it except I didn't know anything about it when the "finance" guy sprung it on me and they wanted $995 - seemed kind of high... but after listening to you people here talk about getting run off the road by SUV's, getting your bumbers crushed in for no reason, etc... I am starting to think I am target now! (just cause I wanted to save a few bucks on gas and not spew so much junk in to the air)....

hmmm......

19. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Sprett,

The navigationsystem of the Tech Edition doesn't have TMC, which if I'm correct can inform the navigation system of traffic jams etc.
    Since I usually do a decent job at parking the car, I chose the Bussiness Edition. I definately like good audio, so the JBL system is a plus for me.
    As far as your other question: I didn't ask the dealer if they are allready delivering the 2006 models, or when. I only know that if ordered now, it will be delivered between 2 and 3 months.

20. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Gary,
    The extra power plug isn't in the accesoires list, but my wife asked if one could be made at the back and the sales man said sure, no problem, we do it often and it's peanuts. They don't do it at the factory, but the dealer does it in their workplace.
    I don't even have to pay anything for it.
    I think you can have it done easily.

As far as other accesoires, we can add several alarm and vehicle tracking systems, carbon interiour filter, various mats, several car kits for the phone, cd-changer for dashboard or for under the chair, fog lights (for the versions that don't have them included), a carrier for bicycles, nets for the luggage compartment, and that's about it.