1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Texas governor orders anti-cancer vaccine for schoolgirls

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess that depends on which company you're talking about. Most companies in pharma do fear the FDA. Thousands of companies are subject to the FDA. But that's why I draw a distinction between pharma and "big pharma". I'm not going to do the research, but I'm pretty sure that Merck has ties to influential members in FDA. Whereas a smaller company does not have those political ties.
    Just like their is a distinction between the thousands of energy companies and "big oil". Which of these got secret closed door meetings with Cheney to help produce our energy plan?
    I guarantee theat if this vaccine was developed by a smaller company, we would not be discussing it right now. It would still be in the FDA testing process and the media/government would not be pushing it on Americans right now. They'd eventually get it out, but the government and FDA would not be so fast to act.

"Gov. Perry's political ties with drug company Merck may have influenced the decision. His ex-chief of staff, Mike Toomey, is a lobbyist for Merck and Perry received contributions from the drug manufacturer's political action committee."
    I was not even aware of that, but I could have probably predicted it.