1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Texas governor Rick Perry underestimates Prius as hay hauler

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Ray Moore, Jul 29, 2008.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this is why you get a hitch and pull hay with a little trailer...

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They have had both for as long as I can remember, which granted isn't that long. I'm not sure why it is that one generally only sees round bales in a pasture waiting to be transported.

My family had a pasture that my dad hired someone to make round bales, but I never did found out why round instead of square. They are much more cumbersome to transport, requiring either a trailer, tractor, or a special attachment on the back of the truck to move.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had a 46 inch LCD TV still in the box in the back, and I also got the old 26 inch stereo CRT TV in the back with the back seats up and room to spare.

I posted a comment at the original story.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh no! Did anybody get that picture off there before the article went away? I meant to, but now that I went to send it to a friend, the article is gone. :(

5. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No, but stumbling across this thread feels weird. I'm not a farmer but I recently hauled a bale of hay in my Prius. I bought it at an auction along with 49 other bales as a gift for someone who owns horses.

6. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine is 6 inches bigger than yours. (Hey, I'm talking TV's here.) Both seats down, 52" LCD in the box, hatch closed. The guys who brought it out at Best Buy looked really puzzled when I pulled around in a Prius, but I had pre measured and knew it would JUST fit.

7. Texas911

Texas911 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    +1, don't listen to Rick Perry, he's the biggest crook since Blagojevich!

He even tried to sell our Texas Toll Roads to a European company! WTH! Luckily the citizens shot it down before he could get it passed.

8. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Fine... but where are the pictures of those hay bales? Somebody must have saved them off!

9. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Why the hell does Texas want those toll roads anyway? They are an incredible waste of resources and expensive too if you are stuck using them. Hated the toll roads in Houston. Would like to see toll roads eliminated in the U.S. What a racket they are.