1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Texas Has Cars at Port!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ggood, May 20, 2009.

1. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anybody in GST who is NOT in the priority program have a car assigned to them? I'm trying to find out if GST dealers know their first allocation yet, besides priority orders of course.

2. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have only heard from my small town Rockwall dealer who said they will get only 1 initially.

3. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We need some more news for Texas. I can't find a dealer to look at the car. The first on I may see is mine ;)

4. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    From what my dealer in McKinney told me earlier this week, that is going to be common place on the first shipment throughout the GST region. They are expecting a Blizzard Pearl Prius II with the leather seat upgrade mid-June as their first 2010 on the lot. As of yesterday, I think it was still available.

5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    OK - here's the info I just got on the Texas/GST region:

"The two priority Prius vehicles will be the first out the door - hopefully! [NOTE: Wow, only 2 priority orders in a 5 state region. I'm picking up my car tomorrow. I guess greenbirder will have his whenever the truck makes it down to South Padre. They know how to treat priority orders here in Texas! :D]

Since the allocation has not released yet, none of the other vehicles have started processing yet. The dealers will probably start receiving their units next week. [NOTE: As stated in the OP, they waited until they had enough cars to distribute at least 1 to each of their 154 dealers.] The Build Your Toyota website probably won't be available until next week. They can't upload the tools until our dealers have been allocated the vehicles.

The first vessels just started arriving ports around May 7th. Our first railcar of vehicles railed to the VPC on Friday, May 8th and arrived at the VPC on Friday, May 15th. The VPC and Accessory Business Development teams have been working on validating the LIO equipment before the allocation releases today [NOTE: I got this e-mail late last night, May 23rd.] The other regions may have allocated the vehicles a little sooner than us, but they could not have wholesaled any units before last week.

Ultimately, everything except Tundra gets railed to the VPC. [NOTE: There's a Tundra plant in San Antonio, TX.] Anything built in Japan, ships to the port in Benecia (San Francisco) then is railed to the VPC. No vessels ship directly to the Port of Houston and haven't for many years."

6. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Patt Lobb in McKinney, TX has 1 allocated.
    From the dealer:
    I have a Prius allocation!!! The first one appears to be arriving mid June and you can find all the details below.

2010 Toyota Prius
    MSRP​
    Model - 1223 Prius II Model
    Base:
    $22,805.00
    Exterior Color - 04T8 SANDY BEACH METALLIC​
    Installed Options:
    $3,107.00
    Interior Color - FB40 BISQUE / SAND BEIGE​
    Total:
    $25,912.00
    Base MSRP includes delivery charge
    Prices subject to change without notice
    Please refer to vehicle Monroney label for final specifications and pricing

7. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    yep, that is the one I was talking about in my post earlier. It has leather seats, one of the owners rewards packages and some other option from port.

8. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I was told my priority order was the only in the Denver region (by the dealer). I'm getting the impression there aren't *that* many participants.

9. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    May have been a fairly high dropout rate too, just judging by what we've seen on this forum.

10. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sounds like there are a few of us here all going through Pat Lobb in McKinney.

It's discouraging to see that they added on a bunch of the options. I'm hoping to get my PIII with only an alarm.

11. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    Sure seems that way. I am shooting for a PIII with a solar roof but I may just have to settle for simply a PIII. But you are right, I have a feeling they are going to try to stick us with a bunch of random add-ons from "port"...:(

If I hear anything else on a car I am offered, one I pass up, or one I am getting from Pat Lobb, I will pass it along. :)

12. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since I'm new to this forum and I don't know alot of acronyms. What does GST and VPC mean??

13. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Gulf States Toyota, the regional wholesale distributor for Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi.

VPC is GST's term for Vehicle Distribution Center - the large center where they receive cars from Toyota, process them (including adding stuff to them), and then distribute them to the 154 dealers in their region.

14. r4bbit82

r4bbit82 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohh gotcha!! Thanks!

15. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hope to get some news :)

16. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    GST finally updated their Build A Toyota page to list the 2010 Prius.

The page even shows the inventory which is supposed to be available at the dealers.

However, they are only showing models II, III, and IV. Either they haven't completed loading their data base yet or they are not receiving any model V's initially.

17. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    fyi for now if you search under III no cars can be located.

Under my zip under GST, let the games begin.. :D
    21 PII
    0 P3
    1 P4

18. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    Same here, lots of Prius 2's, 1 prius 4 and no 3's. hopefully the 3's start rolling in as i want the features of the III that aren't available on the 2 but don't want to the leather seats on the 4...

19. green nomad

green nomad Prius Fever!!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Huh. No III's and the only IV is w/o nav or sunroof yet stickers at $33k due to random add-ons.

20. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That is one beefed up IV for no sunroof... I think that P IV is going to be hard to sell. I looked at some of the II and they had a lot of them with random add-ons also. I found some that did not have a bunch of add-ons. After reviewing the first bunch of cars, made me think that I may be forced to eat more add-ons than I have in my budget.