1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Texas Has Cars at Port!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ggood, May 20, 2009.

1. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Note information applies to GST region, and my interpretation of how it works from discussion.
    Found some answers:
    Talked with John Gear Inventory Control (ICA) Manger at Fred Hass Toyota Country, he was able to provide answers to my questions, very cool.
    Build your Toyota with a zip code from GST 5 State region provides a list of what is on the ground and been allocated to our region (around 60+cars). Our Region is divided into 10 districts, total dealers 147 for our Region. We know the cars on the ground due to the cars having a VIN # assigned. A little extra information on this is if you check dealer web site (Fred Hass Toyota Country) inventory you will find a list of 4 car available, that means within GST and zip code district (keep in mind 10 district in GST 5 states) only 4 cars are in the district, and no cars at the Fred Hass Toyota Country. It would say, in stock if at local dealer. Main Point is Build your Toyota show Inventory for GST 5 states and Local Dealer web sites show district Inventory. If you spot a vehicle on Build your Toyota and you want to chase it down collect VIN #, I think you could get in-touch with your local ICA manger and see if he or she could setup a dealer trade. With this you would need to understand inventory has been sent to a different store and could be a shipping fee of about 400 dollars that is past to consumer.

I have been told that Gulf State Toyota has order Prius Vs. Big relief. But not on ground, that is why PV selection is not on Build your Toyota site for GST zip codes. Allocation are in past but have not been received yet not sure if this make since. But I was told May allocation had 68 Pv silver with ATP, 5 Blue Pv with ATP, he did not check further with GST Rep as he was looking at filling my orderJ. The Allocation that I am talking about is at the GST level they still need to draw straws based on sales volume and etc, to distribute out to the 147 dealers. The other thing I found out is Dealer allocation is 26 times a year. So when May allocation comes in, they could all be delivered all at once or split up, 2 per month.
    By the way found out my car is #1 on John’s allocation wish list of 10 Prius. Bad news if my car not in stock slides to second pick. Only fair for the next person and the dealer.

The Safety Connect feature description above is correct. Late Fall Select models may come with this feature. Hardware is missing and can’t be put in at a later time. So if this is a big feature for you be aware. This is not just a GST issue…

Not sure I agree on this. John Gear said that inventory control background is not expected knowledge for sales staff but does agree they should know how to escalate for customer that needs more information. He said there software and contacts do not have the same information that he has.
    So I guess the lesion learned for me, is ask your inventory control availability (ICA) Manger, for help if your local sales rep is not able to provide you with information that you are looking for, or ask your sales rep to have a conversation with ICA Manger. Sales rep can see a little ways back without the help of ICA Manger, but if sales can’t see a match then ICA Manger may be able provide some hope.

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, XMAN, you are disagreeing with yourself? :D

Way to to obsess and track down these details...good work!

3. quantumslip

quantumslip Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    good to hear an update. but wow so little blue cars compared to silver! hopefully there's enough for all to have.

4. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just heard from my salesman at Pat Lobb and my car has been allocated to them. :)

It's supposed to hit port on June 15th and be here by the end of the month. The salesman says they got 18 Priuses in this allotment.

5. Randall Rash

Randall Rash Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Now I will be hoping they call me too. But I am afraid that IV with solar package may be rare. :(

6. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    LOL
    No just disagree with John, a little, around sales staff not needs to know that much about inventory; however I did get his point. ICA Mangers are there to help, and he was doing a good job once I found out who to talk to.

The good thing is, thanks to my dealer I don’t feel in the dark any more.
    :rockon::D:rockon::D:rockon::D:rockon:
    Me obsess... mabe a little...to funny

7. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was told there was a Green Distributer in Dallas and they get extra cars allocated to them based on their Green Status. Something about most dealer move 20 to 30 units and they move like 50 to 60.

8. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep, that would be Pat Lobb. They also got a Prius at the beginning of May to show off for a couple days because of their green status. They're green, and they won't let you forget it. They market the crap out of that. Personally, I just went with them because of the non-refundable deposit and the helpful salesman.

9. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    no calls to me either today. :(

I am looking for a Blue Ribbon Prius III with or without the solar roof... Hopefully they call later or tomorrow...

10. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I feel the pain, but GST is about to start moving 3G Prius. Yea:D

11. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The blue ribbon seems to be a pretty rare color, and I'm also getting a blue ribbon III from Pat Lobb. It seems I have won the waiting list lottery.

Out of curiosity, what number did they tell you that you are on the waiting list?

12. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    When I asked about it upon putting my deposit down in early May, they said I was around 10 on the list, but who knows what everyone else is looking for.

Another quirk working against me getting the blue ribbon is it looks like most of them have the lighter bisque interior. Is that what yours has? I also put as a secondary option I am interested in either the Silver or the Grey as well with the darker interior. My current car is on its last leg so I don't want to be too picky with things like color while still getting what I want.

When did you put your deposit down out of curiosity?

13. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I put the deposit down in mid-April and was 8th on the list. I told them I preferred the gray interior, but that I would take the bisque if that's what came in first.

There's a slight possibility that I may end up passing on this one, so it may work out in your favor. If it looks like the cash for clunkers bill is going to push through quickly enough, then I may pass on this car and wait for the next one so that I can get the $4500. My car is still usable, so it's only impatience that urges me to get the car earlier if the bill takes too long to pass.

14. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    Yeah that is a lot of money to pass up so understandable. I wish I could wait out but I think my old car is onto the fact I am about to replace it with something new.

Is the one you are being told is to arrive of the bisque interior or the grey?

15. Chilibean

Chilibean New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Out of curiosity, does your current car qualify as a clunker? If it did and qualified for the full $4500 it would almost be worthwhile to consider renting a car until you were able to use the car for the clunker program.
    Just a thought.

16. checo446

checo446 New Member

Model:
    III
    I believe it would not although I haven't followed the program as closely as I should. I have a 1999 Honda Civic that I will be giving up that gets me currently about 32 MPG. From what I read, the 32 MPG kills the deal, am I off in that assumption? I would love to qualify for 4,500 bucks for this thing considering it was already totaled out for hail damage...

17. quantumslip

quantumslip Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    V's seems to be rare at the moment, here's what Donald from Fred Haas Toyota Country said:
    and who knows how many of them would have ATP...

18. XMAN LIVE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Call 281-357-4000 ask for
    John Gear Inventory Control (ICA) Manger at Fred Hass Toyota Country. He knows a lot about this and if needed he has get with GST Region office to provide more information. Please report back your findings...you may want to look at post 81..

19. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got a telephone call from my sales lady at Round Rock Toyota telling me that they had received a Blue Ribbon Metalic Prius IV with Nagivation. If it isn't sold today (she said people were looking at it and took it for a test drive), I will go over there tomorrow to test drive it. I will finally get to see the car, experience the new instrumentation, see how it rides, etc. and my wife will be able to see how the colors she picked out (Blue Ribbon Metalic with Bisque interior) looks. My car (Prius V with ATP) is not in their first allocation. From the previous posts on this thread, it may be some time before GST has enough Blue Ribbon Metalic Prius V's with ATP to satisfy the outstanding orders.

20. phartin

phartin Cookie Monster

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't know. I e-mailed my salesman yesterday to ask, but he said the power was out and so he couldn't get into the system and check.