1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Text Message notification wont ring when iphone is plugged in to the USB.

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Moe, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Moe

Moe New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought my new Prius C3 3 weeks ago. I noticed when I have my iphone 4s plugged in to the USB and my BT is on I don't get the notification noise that i always do when I get a text message. When I get a phone call it rings on the car speakers since I have it connected to my BT but not the text message. I commute to work over an hour each way and i hate to keep checking my phone to see if I got a text since it's not going off when I get a message. Does anyone have a clue?

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The phone is routing the audio over the dock connector most likely, so if you're not listening to iPod you won't hear it. Have you tried it out with iPod playing.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are not supposed to be checking for texts when you are driving. After you stop the car, you can check the phone.
    No texting while driving.
    That would be a great reason the notification does not work!
    It's not supposed to!

Lionsfan likes this.
  4. Robert Stukenbroeker

Robert Stukenbroeker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah the USB port is active even if you aren't using it. The sound is routed from the phone to the dock. If you locate the airplay icon on your phone by double pressing the home button and scroll left, you can select iPhone instead.