1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Text messages using Entune

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by TeamD, Jan 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TeamD

TeamD New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2015 Prius v Three, not III . I was wondering if it is possible to send a text message other than the preprogrammed one? Is it even possible to permenatly change those and create my own selection? I see no mention of this in the manual, so I suspect the answer is no, but I'd love to be able to dictate a text message to send.
    Thanks in advance.

2. S.Bell

S.Bell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, you can change the auto reply choices through your Settings/Setup button. I just don't remember off hand the steps to do so. I think it has something like 15 replies to individualize, if I remember correctly.

I have not found a way to use text to speech for replies without possibly using a third party app on my cell phone such as Android Auto / Auto Mate, which has all kinds of messaging options available. I just downloaded them recently, so I'm still a newbie.

hope this helps some.

SM-N910V ?

3. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    With a Windows Phone, Cortana by default read your text messages to you as they were received and dictated text replies. This wasn't an Entune function. There may be an app for iOS and android that does the same thing.

4. ePWR

ePWR Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    please don't text or use cell phone while driving.

5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Text to voice and voice reply has worked independent of Entune with Windows Mobile 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 devices.