1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Americans

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by AlbertoC67, Nov 10, 2006.

1. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Ha, thats the pot calling the kettle black. Do not generalize for YOU? Thats what you do to everyone else....all the time.

[/quote]
    I do not want to get "bit** slapped again - you do not care if we do.
    [/quote]

I never said anything remotely like that. Do not put words in my mouth. Didn't take you long to break your own rule, did it?

[/quote]
    Your concept of Iraq is what it is - so be it.
    [/quote]

So, thats your response? You don't see the difference between Iraq and Afghanistan? Or are you unable to actually argue that I am right and you are wrong?

2. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Ha, thats the pot calling the kettle black. Do not generalize for YOU? Thats what you do to everyone else....all the time.

[/quote]
    I do not want to get "bit** slapped again - you do not care if we do.
    [/quote]

I never said anything remotely like that. Do not put words in my mouth. Didn't take you long to break your own rule, did it?

[/quote]
    Your concept of Iraq is what it is - so be it.
    [/quote]

So, thats your response? You don't see the difference between Iraq and Afghanistan? Or are you unable to actually argue that I am right and you are wrong?

3. AlbertoC67

AlbertoC67 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 14 2006, 12:52 AM) [snapback]348496[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Dragonfly
    in the past we (in Italy) used to talk about the US president very seldom but with big respect.
    Now, as I repeat once more, something has badly changed and people are scared about him and wait for the day you delete him.
    People talks about your president more than in the past and the people against him are three times more than the others also among who vote for the centre-right parties.
    Bye

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 14 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]348742[/snapback]</div>
    I subscribe at all.
    Bye Daniel

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlbertoC67 @ Nov 16 2006, 07:31 AM) [snapback]350058[/snapback]</div>
    You realize the President of United States of America can only hold office for two terms? President Bush will not and cannot run for re-election in '08.

People in Italy should be scared of many other things than President Bush - one hint for you since you are already in missile range - a nuclear Iran. How are Italy's anti-missile defenses now adays? And if hit, can you retaliate - or are you going to rely on OTHER countries to defend and protect you? Mind you, I am not advocating the United States of America abandoning Italy - not defending her or not protecting her - but why should we - and if we do why should the American tax payer shoulder the entire burden?

Other fears Italians should focus on first - local unemployment, local economic conditions, a negative birth rate, immigration policies, the Euro vs. Lira fiasco Italy is suffering under - to name but a few.

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 16 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]350062[/snapback]</div>
    All hail Berman! The one with the answers to all the world's problems. No need to look at issues and make up your own mind. Just submit yourself to the all-knowing Doctor. If you're not sure what you or your country should concern yourself with, he'll be more than happy to tell you.

Just remember ... if your first priority is not preventing a nuclear Iran, you obviously think evil is good and good is evil. Go directly to Jail. Do not collect $200. And anything you say from that point on will be summarily dismissed.

Thank you. Pull around.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 16 2006, 08:29 AM) [snapback]350066[/snapback]</div>
    Grasshopper, you are catching on - at least with the Iran thing. Very proud of you :)

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 16 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]350076[/snapback]</div>
    Glad I could pull a smiley out of you. Does this mean if I'm ever in the city (or you're at the shore), we could go for a cup of coffee without beating each other with fungo bats? :)

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 16 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]350086[/snapback]</div>
    Honestly I am more a lover that a figher. I like putting my ideas on the table top and seeing where there fall. My son spent this past summer in a think tank in Washington, D.C. and enjoyed the same give and take. My current set of "beliefs" are different than they were 2 years ago, and I am sure will be different than they are now in 2008. This is what makes this such a great country - that you can do this - and I am very firm in my belief that a persons beliefs should change as time changes.

I would love to take you out for a cup of coffee or whatever. I do not consider you my enemy or evil.

As a sidebar: I am also a student of Krav Maga and have studied it and other marital arts for years. The teaching has always been to walk away when you can. It is best to give in than to fight - for there are no battles fought without collateral damage - to all parties involved.

Have a nice day, and here is another smiley face for you :)

David

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Nov 16 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]350062[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps the Italians will simply choose to not run roughshod over the rest of the world, spreading their 'culture' willy nilly, in the name of freedom and liberation...

...that way, the renegades with the missiles will save them for us, instead.

It's like the old joke, these two guys are in the woods and one asks the other, what will you do if a bear chases us? The reply is, "I'd run." Run, the first guy says...bears are lots faster than humans.

The answer was, "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you."

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Nov 16 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]350066[/snapback]</div>
    Don't you support Daniel a lot Proco....he is the SUPREME of "I know the answers to all the worlds problems" or, if not the answers, at least WHO is causing all the problems.

11. AlbertoC67

AlbertoC67 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlbertoC67 @ Nov 16 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]350058[/snapback]</div>
    You are scared about moslems...you'd better to be scared about that lier called Bush.
    That lier invents fears so you think at that fears invented instead of the real problems you, and not only you, have.
    Remember that the witches stop to exist when we stopped to burn them.
    Bye

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlbertoC67 @ Nov, 09:27 AM) [snapback]352129[/snapback]</div>
    I totally agree Alberto!!!!

13. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Nov 15 2006, 07:02 PM) [snapback]349895[/snapback]</div>
    Yeow! It's getting a little warm in here! Great metaphor.