1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Priuschat

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Londonderry, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Londonderry

Londonderry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    @hill
    Well, I don't live in TN yet, but I've been there for weeks at a time and never encountered the type of speech patterns I've heard from Tesla employees in the mid-Atlantic region. Did hear it when I was in college in the 60's however! But then I'm an old West Virginia hillbilly and I think Tesla is still kept out of the "almost heaven" state, or was the last I saw.

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Consider me the MTV generation... (Wow, that really dates me. That used to be a euphamism for being young and impetuous, now it's just impetuous.) I don't have 5 minutes to spare, let alone the 4+ hours it took to buy my Prius where price and financing was already negotiated over the phone and email. It literally took longer to take delivery of my home than it took to take delivery of my car. I applaud the 5 minute Tesla delivery and I hope the rest of the industry follows suit. However... it should be an option for the folks who wants to take their time to examine their purchase. I doubt Tesla will herd people like cattle to sign for a $40k purchase. Some folks like me will want to rush through it. Others will take their time. I don't see a problem with giving choice.

3. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If I'm not mistaken, if you owned an 1953, you had an MG TF. I'm pretty sure 1952 was the last year for the TD.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    no one state has a monopoly on pumping the truth up beyond reality. Almost 12yrs ago, the Lexus Dealer almost made us walk, due to the BS he fed us regarding our hybrid SUV. As for your Model X ? The recommendation many owners would give you, is to keep your expectations low. I'd 2nd that.
    We started with tesla in an S, just a few months ago.
    20170223_042643.jpg That's it - on one of the few times i drove it to work. It was a gift for she-who-must-be obeyed (SWMBO). SWMBO decided it was 'too low' - despite air suspension's ability to raise its height .... despite hours & hours of rental time, & test drives up the yin-yang. So as of 2 weeks ago, & despite the absurdity of an instant $15K depreciation loss ... & peeing away even MORE money to get a taller car ..... SWMBO gets her way,
    2017-03-30 07.34.04.jpg
    It's been just 5 days, & already we (Me) had to go in for THREE different problem/things; a clunky window, a growly door, & a charge port door that wouldn't manually open - needing a reprogeam.
    (sigh)
    But hey !! that means I get to drive it occasionally.

Oh well - SWMBO likes it.
    btw - the Nashville service center is actually in Franklin - maybe 12-14 minutes south of the big city. Our 2nd home is just 15 minutes east of Franklin, in Nolensville. If you see her pearl white X - give a toot !!
    i think i'll stick a 'priuschat.com' sticker on the back of it. that'll make it easy to spot.

#24 hill, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Zythryn likes this.
  5. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Is there any electric or hybrid SUV that can resist the efforts of a scurry of chipmunks to establish a home within it?

They love my Prius.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interesting. i guess we have to be grateful if we don't have mice chewing up the wiring. but i think animals are just looking for warmth.

7. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    1953 MG TD.jpg
    1953 MG TD but mine had some racing medallions and pin striping added. Beautiful, isn't it,even when plain?

[​IMG]

#27 Londonderry, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, it is.(y)

9. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    btw - the Nashville service center is actually in Franklin - maybe 12-14 minutes south of the big city. Our 2nd home is just 15 minutes east of Franklin, in Nolensville. If you see her pearl white X - give a toot !!
    i think i'll stick a 'priuschat.com' sticker on the back of it. that'll make it easy to spot.
    .[/QUOTE]

It is 100 miles from my home which is just down the mountain from Sewanee!

10. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yes they are. However they like added comfort that can be obtained by making a nest out of any available materials they find under the hood. Then they start storing their food in the Prius. I enjoy the little guys and they do not scare my wallabies the way that mice do, even though they steal food from the wallabies. I just need a way to keep them off my Prius and any other vehicles I have! They do leave my motorcycle alone at least!

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the population goes in cycles around here. when they become overwhelming, i trap them and take them down to the river, a few miles away. if i grab a dozen in the spring, that usually limits them to a few for the rest of the year.

12. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I never intentionally kill them. I use ground hogs for target practice when they are in a suitable location on my farmstead, however. They are the native wildlife that bother me.
    I think many chipmunks have been relocated from my place when I have driven the Prius, Their numbers have decreased noticeably since I removed their home from the Prius! Their primary homes are now located in very safe areas, burrows under the floor of wallaby housing!

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we had to take out a family of groundhogs last summer. they were destroying our garden. of all the nerve, freeloaders!

14. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My farmstead is 10 acres. Groundhogs are too numerous to count. The first time I broke my back was when I was 30 yrs. old and my horse accidentally stepped into a groundhog hole while traveling at a high rate of speed. I declared war on them at the time. Over the last 35+ years, I have survived but I fear I am losing ground!

How do you take them out? I used to use a Bronco at times, successfully, but mostly rely on .22 long rifle subsonic shells.

bisco likes this.
  15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    trap and...

16. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Sometimes I shoot them when they are in a trap! Either way, I have a hard time disposing of all the dead bodies. I have plenty of space for burials but lack the strength to dig deep enough. They simply remove the dead that are dropped into the deep shaft of their burrows. Cremation is environmentally acceptable occasionally. The garbage pick up services do not accept dead bodies around here. The knacker does not accept ground hogs. Any suggestions?

Anyone is welcome to join this topic with whatever ideas/methods you have!

17. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Compost them. It's how the dead are handled on poultry farms.

18. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thank you for the idea. I gut them and put that wet portion in the manure pit if I am going to be burning the rest. I'll have to try seeing how well the bones deteriorate. I know hair won't decompose but I might be able to give the pelts to a fur buyer! I have done that with skunks that I've killed!

19. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Poultry operations just throw the whole bird in. Feathers and fur are made from the same stuff.

20. Londonderry

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Care to enlighten me as to how you came up with your name, Trollbait? Your message reminds me of what I have when riding my horse on the trails through the back woods of such places! It is not surprizing that air "quality" in the region where I'm currently living is often the worst in the nation!

bisco likes this.