1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank You

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by cdat, Feb 19, 2009.

1. cdat

cdat New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I bought a new, Barcelona Red Prius, package 5 model, 11 days ago. Thanks to all of you, and your helpful tips, I'm averaging 49 mpg. I realize that this is not fantastic, but given the cold temps here in Idaho, the fact that I just went over 400 miles on the odometer, and my commute is only 12 miles each way, I'm pretty pleased. The use of the scan gauge, blocking the radiator, and some pretty good driving tips including p&g, (still learning this) my mpg is getting a little better each day.
    Thanks again for all the helpful info.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    49 mpg is great mileage for your conditions. Congratulations on the new car, and the great mileage.

Tom

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After the car breaks in and warm weather arrives, you probably can get 55-60 MPG.

4. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :welcome: You are doing great with that kind of MPG now, and you will be amazed when your beautiful car gets warmer weather and summer blend gasoline in the tank. Congrats on your new car and thanks for the thanks!

Lee

5. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, that is fantastic!

I was getting that until the cold weather arrived, now I am at 45. I have the grill blocked.

Keep it up!