1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That ain't right

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by formerVWdriver, Jul 21, 2007.

1. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jul 23 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]483428[/snapback]</div>
    Okra is a vegetable with a cold.
    Good fried, though. (What isn't?)

It's cool how it grows. The plant is really gung-ho about growing. Even better, it starts producing when it's about knee high. You cut off the okra as it grows and it doesn't bother the plant. Soon it's taller than your head and still producing. You really have to like a plant like that, even if its fruit is snotty.

I have a friend who says it's best raw. Too fuzzy. It would be like Fear Factor for me to try it.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Half the world dying of starvation, and the other half dying of obesity. That aint right.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Turn offs: Rude people, lines...
    Turn ons: Sunsets, walks along the beach, stuffed animals...

Ooops, I was working on my vitae for the back of an upcoming Playboy centerfold...
    :)

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Jul 22 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]483428[/snapback]</div>
    Bleh! :p It's yucky no matter what.... too much like snot. Same with eggplant. Yucky... :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Jul 23 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]483547[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, I had no idea it grew that fast. Sounds like a horror movie creation. LOL.

I don't recall if I've had it fried, though. I might have.

LOL about okra being a Fear Factor item! I'm with you there! :lol: I agree that it's like snot. *shudder*

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Jul , 10:14 PM)</div>
    Eggplant! Also good, but not as good as okra.

Now sour cream... that ain't right.

6. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Jul 24 2007, 01:14 AM) [snapback]483996[/snapback]</div>
    Eggplant also good fried. Both eggplant and okra are traditionally dipped in stone ground corn meal and fried. Then salted. Yum. (Actually, eggplant is salted before frying to draw water out.)

Tofu also good fried, sometimes dipped in grits first.

Fresh tomatoes are heavenly fried (Classic Italian cookbook style). Better than fried green tomatoes.

We have restaurants that fry pickles. Now that's a high nutrition item!

Is it any wonder that S.C. is #1 in heart disease?

What ain't right: frying otherwise nutritious food. Unless it's okra.

7. ohershey

ohershey New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Jul 24 2007, 07:27 AM) [snapback]484107[/snapback]</div>
    What's not right is deep fried Twinkies.

I've been served live soft shelled crabs, crawling in a bowl of flour batter, that you had to drop into hot oil and deep fry - I thought that was a bit not right, as well.

No one thought that Sandra Bernhardt singing with Winger was horribly, truly wrong? Maybe I'm the minority on that one....

8. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mad Hatter @ Jul 25 2007, 05:47 AM) [snapback]484206[/snapback]</div>
    Not as wrong as if she had been singing with Wing

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Professional sports players/pop singers/other minor celebrities becoming motion picture actors...

Motion picture actors forming their own rock bands, starting upscale western goods catalogs, designing jewelery/handbags, or founding their own clothing companies...

Bloggers getting book publishing deals...

These ain't right.

10. ohershey

ohershey New Member

The fact that no one will go to jail for the brawl that ocurred last night in the stands where Barry Bonds record breaking (regardless of merit) ball landed. They should. Especially the guy in the orange jacket....