1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That credit card holder on the right...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by LuigisMansion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. LuigisMansion

LuigisMansion Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Seriously, what do you do with it? Wish It could have been a cupholder like on the passenger side.

2. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I kept parking lot tickets in it. The cup holder on the passenger side isn't as robust as the pull out on down in the center console or the one on top of the center console, so I preferred to use those two. The one on the passenger side was neat in that it would blow cold air directly on your drink.

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I keep calling cards there that I hand out when I'm a witness to an accident, come across a contractor I want to talk to but don't want to interrupt their work, etc.

The only other thing I can think of to put there is affinity cards, those cars so many retail outfits insist you give them to get the discounts. Doing so would save carrying them in your wallet.

Parking lot tickets I stuff between the visor and the top. There is enough tension there to hold one.

4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    On the UK model, on the right is out of sight in that it's near the door and low down, so I could put a card in there without it being seen. I don't use it for credit or bank cards, but I put my breakdown cover card it there, along with my magnetic key to open the barrier to the holiday park where my vacation trailer is.

5. sean v4

sean v4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    It would have been nice had they made a coin slot for it.

6. J L

J L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I use it for toll highway tickets, like the ones you get from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It's some nifty little thinking done by the engineers, even though it wasn't entirely necessary. It shows they care.

7. Surrealle

Surrealle New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm in the military so I love that card holder; I use it daily for my ID, which we have to show to get on base. I agree that its use is limited for most people though, maybe to hold a credit card when you're going through a drive-thru?

8. cucaio90

cucaio90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ...I keep in there a kleenex tissue in case I need to blow my nose.

9. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    They should have put a pull out drawer there where it would hold coins (like Honda's have) or cards.

10. emm0119

emm0119 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just got my Prius v three on Friday, and I love the card holder after a mishap with a turnpike ticket a number of years ago. Generally, if you lose your ticket, you have to pay as if you used the entire length of the turnpike regardless of where you try to get off...that costs you a fortune when you're talking about a road as long as the PA turnpike. Normally I always put the ticket into the little cubby under the radio on my old 98 Camry. One time, I somehow didn't hit the cubby. I hit the seam between the cubby and radio so perfectly that the ticket slipped right in. I noticed it wasn't in the cubby at the next rest stop and asked my husband if he had taken it back out. Predictably, he flipped out that I could be so careless to lose the ticket. In the meantime, since I knew for sure I had reached for the cubby with it, I figured out what had happened and was able to fish the thing back out from behind the radio. Hubby has never forgotten the incident, and his tension is palpable every time I pull a turnpike ticket with him in the passenger seat. Now I can use my card holder and tell him to shove it.

11. BartmanLA

BartmanLA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We use it to hold the RF parking card for work, need to use it to get in and out of the structure at the building and it's a great place to hold it, when not in use, I feel like this was the designed application use it was meant for. Or for that matter any kind of parking stub or ID card you need on a regular basis.