1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That dreaded prepaid maintenance plan...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bablang, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jammin012

jammin012 The man behind The Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well it really comes down to the individual. Like I said, I got spoiled and the price of the car+maint plan+ext warrenty = price of my luxury car w/o ext warrenty. So for me the answer was easy. While under warrenty and while the maint plan is active I'll never have to touch the car. Once the plan runs out I'll do my own, especially now seeing as the dealer charges more than it's worth, and when the warrenty runs out I'll start fixing things. Besides, I still have the lumped 83 XJ6 to keep me content in the dirty department.

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i think the individual that it comes down too should be warned with a sticky on priuschat to not buy the platinum (premium) pre paid maintenance plan, because it actually gives you nothing extra that the classic plan would cover!!!!.

update
    i mailed a letter today to the agreement adminsitratior asking for a refund of 685.00 (based on downgrading my premium to classic)
    and also in case they did not want to do that, i also mailed in my 3 reminaing certificates, and asking for a the prorated complete refund of 380.45

we'll see what toyota says in a couple weeks

3. bablang

bablang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks everyone for your great responses. I will be refunding my prepaid maintenance plan! After doing some more research I am amazed on exactly how little maintenance the prius needs! tire rotations, oil changes, and 2 filter changes for the 1st 30,000 miles? That's crazy! My wife didn't believe me, I had to show her the schedule online!

chinarut likes this.
  4. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My dealer offered the extended service plan for $2000. Then I added up the cost of all the individual services that the plan would provide and came up with a figure that was about $550. It is a marketing ploy similar to 4 magazine subscriptions for ONLY $2 per week.

chinarut likes this.