1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That uncomfortable NTSA head rest

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nantz, Nov 18, 2011.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Note - below is written for liftback Prius. Didn't know thread was in v forum as the alert directed me to the post. all this applies a bit less to v since it seems to be a bit more tall friendly for drivers.
    -----------------------

And let's not forget the scant tilt range too.

Basically I say the steering wheel owns my a$$ in this car: It dictates where I have to adjust my driver's seat which is into a compromised position. I thought one could set the seat where they like it, then adjust the steering wheel into a nice positon with the elbows bent about 120 degress when holding it in the 9 and 3 oclock position. Or be able to lay the wrist over the top of the wheel with shoulder on seatback and straight arm which is reported method for well adjusted wheel.

My arms end up bent more like 140 to 150 degrees with this hard to reach wheel.

Too bad the car isn't self steering: Then I could put the driver's seat into the place I want it.

Maybe the 4th generation is going to be self steering, so this 3rd gen Prius steering wheel is an afterthought. Just kidding.

And I can hear all the 'more average' height folks or those with shorter legs getting ready to reply :whistle:

Tilt the steering wheel up and down. Isn't it comical how little it adjusts?

Such a sad topic to talk about, but unless one had a seriously hardcore modification shop, one doesn't have a prayer of increasing the steering wheel adjustment range.