1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

That's it! Home Depot, I now BUY at LOWES!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by KK6PD, Oct 12, 2010.

1. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't shop at HD if I can help it, but not because of any dumb ad. I've simply had too many disappointing experiences at HD that if I have a choice to go elsewhere, I will.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    DITTO!!!

I don't think anybody cares what is being advertised (within reason). What people care about are ads that are obnoxious or hijack the whole browser, and ad servers that are slow, thus making pages load slowly.

3. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is anyone having problems with the ads on this site? I don't have an adblocker for the HD/GE/etc ads that do load here....but I have no slowdowns just hitting "continue". So I'm not seeing this as a big aggravation...it only takes a split second to hit "essentially" "next" and I proceed quickly. I'm also a member of other forums, which some do have paid memberships, so I vote "free" for this site...

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I travel several times a year. When I do, I'm often at remote locations where, if I have internet access at all, it's a lot slower than at home. I cannot use Prius Chat while traveling, because it's just too slow to load. Most other sites are not nearly as slow. And it's not just the full-screen ads that require a click to get to the site. Sometimes the whole page stops while waiting for an ad from the DoubleClick server.

At home it's not an issue because I have a very fast cable internet connection and Firefox with Ad Block. But I can understand how some people would be frustrated with ads that make an already slower-than-average site slower yet.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i will say that PC takes FOREVER to load on my droid. i also access two other chat sites and they load very fast

1 person likes this.