1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The 11-inch screen is awful

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MIkeDr, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well the first pic in my post above, you don’t need to look. The right-side dial for instance: 5 detents, one per option, and you count. Hard to one end or the other is vent and defog. The recirc, you just slam it to one end or the other. Temp and fan speed dials are also just as easy. No eyes off the road.

2. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    While I completely understand, I HATE that technique. You should not have to rely on the user to memorize clicks and strange hieroglyphics just to adjust the temperature. You end up with people like my myself who has owned 5 Toyotas and who can't remember which way the windshield wipers work on my wife's car. Sometimes you really need to be able to turn on the wipers, emergency flashers or headlights with out guesswork.

The wife was quite amused when I drove her car and turned the heat up when I thought it was the radio volume. They looked just like what the last model used.

Dan

Mendel Leisk likes this.