1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The 2005 Prius Calendar Official Thread

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Sep 16, 2004.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

Evan,

Yeah, I've got the original, not a problem. - Do you have a raw program or Photoshop CS, because if so I'll just send you the raw file.

-m.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rflagg\";p=\"41067)</div>
    I've got CS, send it on.

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

will do, once I get home from work :)

-m.

4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I'd like a calendar.

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some Photo Tips for those going out to shoot shots for the calendar:

1)Be creative--Everyone's got a profile shot of their Prius. Consider interesting perspectives, interior shots that are unique to the Prius, shots under the hood. Maybe a creative abstract close-up. Notice the word "creative".

2)Keep backgrounds simple and uncluttered. People at the edge of frame, light poles, bright white signs and such are distracting.

3)If you use an interesting location, just show a little of the location...If you show too much or let it dominate the picture it will compete with the main subject--in this case the Prius

4)Use light to your advantage. When the sun is low in the sky it has the most warmth and color and creates the best contrast. When it is closer to mid-day it is harsh, creates deep shadows and too much contrast to be recorded and tends to wash out the colors and makes for a flat unappealing image.

5)Don't try to crop, fix, tweak, sharpen your picture and use your best quality setting on your digital camera. Send me your raw/best file unless you REALLY know what you're doing. I'll tweak it and check with you to make sure you're OK with my changes if your shot is selected.

Keep them coming, I've probably got 4-5 shots that I like well enough to consider calendar quality so far.

Danny, still need to set some sort of deadline.

6. Poppajack747

Poppajack747 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd buy one or two.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Evan - we need all images ready to go by Sunday, October 3rd, so how does image submission for Friday, October 1st sound?

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A bit tight, but I think I can have them ready if you and I can select the shots pretty quickly.

OK All, let's make the Deadline for submission 5pm CST, Friday Oct. 1st....no exceptions.

9. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

After looking around this site, two images I'd like to see.

Bob McGraw's Tidelands with the great Assasyn (sp?) wheels.

A photo of any Prius except black from the FRONT (or angle thereof) with the tailgate open. You can see this in the Bay Area Prius meetup held in late August/early September 2004. It reminded me of a Chaparral spoiler!

10. exces6

exces6 New Member

I'm interested in a calendar. I'd submit a pic, but I won't have my Prius until after the picture due date.

Calendar. WOO HOO!!

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i would be interested in a calendar also...

i would pay for mine whether or not you accepted my pic or not....

also does it have to be 3200 by 2400?

my camera (lame as it is) only goes up to 2132 by 1440 or something like that.

12. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"41814)</div>
    Got your photo, we can step up the resolution and since you've already, apparently, done some photoshopping to it it shouldn't make much difference.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    sorry i that is pic straght from camera... i can try to turn off effects and resend....

also have you gotten more pics in... i thought about sending a pic of the car, but figured you would get plenty to choose from...

i have a tideland if you need just a car pic.

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"41833)</div>
    We've got probably 30-35 photos now (though ~12 are mine). Feel free to send anything you feel is worthy. You might want to send the raw of the one you prev. sent as it does have the paintbrush like effect on it...but if you like it that way we'll consider as is.

15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i checked my camera and there is no special effects going that i can tell... would it make a difference since the camera is a video camera and the still pic is an add on?

i know that still camera lens and video lens arent the same so the still pic on mine would be a compromise. i guess just do what you can with the one i sent and ill play around with mine to see if i can change it....

what is the paintbrush effect?

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"41877)</div>
    See the crop of your image below. There are effects that can be employed with programs like photoshop that create an effect on a photo to make it look more like a painting than a photo. That's what your shot looks like to me. I took a 100% crop of your shot and when you look closely, esp. at any edges or solid colored areas it looks a little bit like paint brush strokes.

I do suspect it has to do with using a video camera instead of a still digital.

17. rflagg

rflagg Member

Evan,

Has John1701a submitted any pics? He's got a plethora of great shots, and I sent him a message suggesting he should submit one, but I know he's a busy guy who probably doesn't even get a chance to stop by here everyday like the rest of us fools ;)

He's got one in particular that I thought would be killer for a winter month, right on his main page. Also, there's a prius owner on his page here: http://john1701a.com/prius/owners/john.htm
    and he has the Prius next to a original 1931 Model A Ford, I was hoping to get in contact with him to see if he'd allow us to use that shot as well. Anyway, let me know if you've heard anything!

-m.

18. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    making a calendar is a great idea! i'm looking forward to buying some! submitted some pictures! :mrgreen:

19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rflagg\";p=\"41923)</div>
    He hasn't...not sure why. I've got quite a few shots now, though, to be honest, I find technical problems with most. If John submits a couple and we get a few more really well exposed, framed shots I think we're in there.

I don't have a shot of an EV button yet!! :wink: :idea:

20. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Last week I submitted two photos. Should I expect any acknowledgement that they were at least received??

=paul=