1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The 900 Mile Club

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Coast Cruiser, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Ferls80

Ferls80 Performing some hypermiling techniques.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We're getting the best fuel economy ever here. A tank @ 86.4mpg at fuel pump.. We're in the plug-in territory guys.

laevus and RCO like this.
  2. Yippeekyaa

Yippeekyaa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    900 miles in a month? How about in a day. Have done multiple 900+ miles days on the gen 3. Twice did 1k miles in a day. Key west to my home in a day. 975 miles. Cape cod to home, 930 miles. Did those trips in June. In two weeks I'll tackle bar harbor Maine to home in a day on the gen 4. All while towing a camper.

3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :eek:(n):whistle: ??? IMHO you'd need to average 70mph for 13.4 hours solid driving to achieve anything near that, so....
    allowing for natural breaks with their associated acceleration/deceleration, that's either stretching things too far, or something else!

#23 RCO, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Ferls80 and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Yippeekyaa

Yippeekyaa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    On the keys trip we got up at 5am. On the road at 5:30 and arrived home at 11pm that evening. Your math is about right. The cap cod trip took a bIt longer to drive fewer miles damned New England traffic. If your only doing 70mph on i95 your nearly sitting still compared most other traffic. 78 was the normal cruise setting with a few stints in the low 80's.

RCO likes this.
  5. CoastRider

CoastRider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I was a younger man, the farthest I ever drove in one day was 485 miles. Los Angeles >> Grand Canyon, Arizona. I think I only took one break to fuel up my Honda. That's too much, no need to push it. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing. :)

Now days, at 64 yrs of age, and 3 spine surgeries later, I did 300 miles in my Prius... and couldn't walk afterwards. :ROFLMAO: I need to get out of the car and stretch, about every 30 minutes. And that low Gen4 Prius is not the easiest car to get in & out of... especially if you are a tall big man -- with a broken back.

What was I thinking! o_O A Prius???
    Great car, but maybe I should've got that nice big Highlander Hybrid.

#25 CoastRider, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    RCO and Raytheeagle like this.
  6. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Or the Lexus RX450h ;). If you go there, it is hard to go back(y).

We were looking at the HyHi as a replacement for the wife's 4runner. Made the mistake of stopping by the Lexus dealer. Once she drove the RX450H, there was no going back.

The ventilated seats are fantastic (y).

RCO likes this.
  7. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Give me the wealth to enable me and I'd look after all the rest of it, no problem! :rolleyes:

Raytheeagle likes this.