1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Abortion Showdown

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I am going to assume you are simply ignorant of the term "Born again believer". It comes from the New Testament. Those who accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour "must be born again".

Unless you were just being sarcastic....then- :p

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Oh, what, pray tell, was hypocritical. Before you answer- look it up in the dictionary.

3. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the most rational statement I've read on this topic!

The whole debate is centered on where life begins, if you believe a person is created at the moment of conception, then obviously abortion is murder, plane and simple. If on the other hand, you believe a fetus becomes human after it reaches a certain stage of development, then abortion, when necessary, is tolerable, which is the position of most gevernments.

The thing I can't understand however is how some people who proclaim to be pro-life can do and endorse so many anti-life actions. We all know about the clowns that are so pro-life they need to bomb abortion clinics, or kill doctors! Then there are the single issue voters, they vote for the guy who proclaims himself to be pro-life. Then when he is in office, he cuts programs that provide pre natel care to low income women, food aid to poor families, and on and on so tax cuts can be given to rich people. Just doesn't make sense to me.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it sounded more to me like a racist pig comment about how all families should be comprised of like-colored people, preferably white.

sorry. still makes me wanna hurl.

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I think he means something amongst the lines of mental retardation with respect to I.Q.... Something unlike Forrest Gump...

Even so, I think it's all grand to speculate as such, but I wonder how many people, when the rubber hits the pavement so to speak, would NOT consider abortion if they knew their child was going to be born severly handicapped?

Personally, I'd LIKE to think if I were in the position, I would not consider abortion, for I don't agree with it (however I do believe in pro-choice), was brought up Catholic, and it doesn't *feel* right anyway. IMO, life starts when the egg is fetilized...

6. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So you have never made a mistake???? Don't tell me what to do with my body.

Regarding Walker1's comment about low IQ, I would prefer the company of my Developmentally Disabled friends to many. It is a parents' choice there too and once again extensive counseling is always needed. I do agree his other choices but would add mental health into the health section, that includes being incapable of providing for that child as a parent. I would not mind seeing restrictions on individual abortions as abortion should not be used as birth control.

Should a woman be forced into having a child so she can supply someone with a child for adoption? Surrogates get paid and they want to be pregnant, being forced into it smacks of slavery.

7. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Well put, thanks.

8. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

You seem to have missed his other not so nuanced point that white women should be made to continue their pregnancies and that a woman with a fetus with a "low IQ" should be...terminated. Shall we then infer he means that women with skin color other than white should be allowed to seek abortions? Still smacks of the "final solution" however you look at it, or white slavery.

9. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Yea, yea, I did miss some of his point in that way. When I read it closer...it WAS pathetic.

As far as the "severe toll" and "adoption" things. Well, if YOU make a mistake, why should the baby DIE. Make a mistake...adopt it out. Now, the severe toll thing is ludicrous. Women were made to have babies. If you have underlying medical issues, then for goodness sake, don't get pregnant.

This is really all about perspective. We will never agree, but I like knowing how other people perceive it.

10. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are lots of people who want white babies - NOT older children. Why do so many children languish in a bad foster system instead of getting adopted? Walker decried couples having to adopt foreign children because there aren't any white babies here. That makes me want to gag - there's plenty of CHILDREN (not babies) available for adoption. They used to have "adoption day" at Jordan's Furniture by Boston, to try to help get kids adopted who weren't otherwise. No shortage of kids, that's for sure.

11. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Thanks (I think). Is that Damning with faint praise?????

Since when does stating your opinion strongly indicate you think you know better. I think I know different and it is only better for me (and of course, the whole world if they would just listen>>>>> :lol: )

12. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Oh I am, am I?

:lol: :lol:

If you want to know what a real troll is, check here....

http://www.trollkingdom.com/forum/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow. Interesting topic here. Personally, I don't believe I have the right to tell other folks what to do with their genitals and/or reproductive bits.

I took the easy way out: in the early 90's I went to a top-notch doctor and snip-snip. I personally don't like children, so I never have to worry about it. There was no pain that I can remember, it was a *very* anti-climatic medical procedure. Sure beats expecting a woman to have a tubal ligation.

If I want critters around the place, I go to the Humane Society and adopt one. I do believe I posted quite a few pictures of BooBoo my cat, until I used my my "global space."

I imagine there are some folks out there who consider my decision to be selfish at the least, perhaps an affront to their God.

14. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I had the snip-snip done when I was, let's see, after my last child, that would be 1988. BTW, my ex-wife told me she decided to divorce me after that child was born.

Brings up a whole 'nuther topic. She, unilaterally, decided to rip my family apart and STEAL my kids from me. I will NEVER forgive her for that. She left when my youngest was TWO!!!! I thnk that has a BIG part of why my youngest is the most estranged from me and my oldest (8 at the time) is the closest.

I can only imagine what a (proper) dad would feel like if his baby was KILLED by the mother. Oh, I did not abuse my ex, nor did I cheat on her, nor did I have any "vices" (no drinking, no drugs) She got "tired" of me and almost immediately moved in with another guy.

In our county (as it is in MOST areas) Dad's can only win the kids IF the Mom is totally incompetant. Women rule the world (at least in the US) and no one will convince me differently. Knowing that, of course, has made my current marriage wonderful.

If I ever have to pick someone I truly, viscerally hate, it would be my ex. I know it is bad for me, I know it is un-christian, I know, I know, I know.......It is my cross to bear and I am working on it....it really is much better now...I think I will have a turning point in June, when the last of my child support is paid.....and I will no longer have any LINK to the ex. Maybe then I can finally......whatever.

To this day, when we have to speak about something, I feel like a little kid and can't look her in the eye....why o'why, I can faced raving lunatics at work.....can't deal with her. Love...Hate...Ying...yang. I'm tired and need to go to bed.

15. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Karl:

I'm sorry to hear that.

As you may recall, in the "Marriage" topic, I uniformly stated I would never consider a marriage and certainly no critters. It's not that I would harm a child, but they're just not my thing and I'm uncomfortable around them.

So like a true Miser I avoid them at all costs. I once asked a flight attendant to move me from my First seat assignment all the way into the back of the plane just to get away from a squalling kid.

A lot of folks put this hazy gooey mystique around Marriage. From what I've seen of my co-workers and peers, Marriage just isn't what it's cracked up to be. Look at the overall divorce rate.

In your line of work, I'm sure you've seen far worse than a woman getting tired of Her Man and finding a new boy toy. I don’t think it’s a Sex Thing, it’s maybe a Control Thing.

There is a lot of emotional and physical abuse from both male and female species. I personally couldn't deal with that sort of bullshit, the constant mind games.

It's much worse when they "condition" the larvae to also go against you. A friend of my parents - a retired dentist and rather well to do - had this happen. He thought he was getting into a Wonderful Life Long Commitment, she was after a Sugar Daddy.

Even worse, I got sucked into it. Around 5 years ago his oldest daughter wanted Lasik done on her eyes, so she wouldn't have to wear glasses. He refused to pay for it. She STALKED me, tracked me down at work, walked into my office, straight to my cubicle, and told me to tell her father that if he wouldn't pay for the lasik, she would kill herself.

Quite the Drama Queen, though the cold-hearted bastard I am, it didn't move me. I even picked up my letter opener, and asked her if she wanted to slit her wrists right there in my cubicle. I then called Security, had her evicted, and the building management slapped a Trespass on her. Nutty broad.

And as I've stated, it isn't the first time I've woken up in the morning with a woman who spent the night, who THEN informs me that yes, she IS married. But that she had a "wonderful" night and wanted to get together again.

See? False advertising! I distinctly remembered asking "Are you married? I have this rule about married broads."

j

16. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, not skin color- preserving the gene pool. I will always believe in keeping a race pure. This applies to all races. I find it interesting that when people breed show quality animals the pedigrees have to be perfect and proven. But, when they choose a partner they don't care about continuing their own gene pool.

I never have gone for race mixing. It destroys all races, not just white ones. Why would you get upset over preserving your racial heritage?

17. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You should see some of the gems that go to high school. I'm proud of my racial heritage. Your answer is typical in this society. As to teaching it's not mentioned in the classroom by me, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't hear teens talking about race. They are OBCESSED with it thanks to the adults who have everything upside down. They think race is real important, but don't know why.

I have nothing to do with teens and race. I won't help destroy my bloodlines to be politically correct. Like I said many times opinions vary.

18. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You missed the point. I don't mean white only. All races should keep their lineage. The British Royals do it. Is there some reason you'd want to destroy your own gene pool? What are you angry about? I'm not angry. I'm very happy with who and what I am. What's your story? Sounds like you're the one with a problem.

BTW, I treat kids all alike. After all, we wouldn't want them growing up into a world that is as nasty as the last 2 generations have made it.

19. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know anything about being superior, but if you're throwing me a compliment I accept. This topic is getting nasty. Just like the real world.

20. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, that was the original point.