1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Abortion Showdown

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

NICE!

Best thing I've read in a while!!!

:lol:

2. Mystery Squid

Yup, where if you talk, wait even THINK, about such concepts as preserving your bloodline, you're immediately considered a card carrying skinhead Nazi. Do these people realize how many other races do the same thing? Think of the Hasidics, they're fanatical about bloodline preservation. Yet a white man talking about the same thing is somehow considered wrong, or inappropriate. :rolleyes:

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're right about the age thing. if I was to adopt I would want a baby not a teenager. My original point was about a couple who either couldn't find a white baby or didn't care either way. I never asked them why they spent all that money & went to China.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    what is "race" anyway? we are all of the same species. we are all the human race. what heritage is there to "preserve" other than cultural tradition which is completely unrelated to skin color?

sorry. i guess that's me the irish/german/polish mutt talking. and oh dear god, my husband is scottish/cherokee. what are we thinking??!! we should definitely not have children, should we?

how about checking out the real world every now and then? might do you some good to get out of that bigoted fantasy world of yours.

you are contributing to how nasty the world is by treating people with different skin colors as separate from everyone else. do you not understand that we are all of the same species?? my own gene pool has nothing to do with skin color or anything else for that matter. i pass on my genes by having children in the first place. that is the "gene pool" you speak of. i have no choice but to pass on my genes if i have children. that's how biology works. are you proposing a resurgence of the eugenics movement and involuntary sterilization of anyone who is "unfit" for reproduction? should we breed people like we breed cows, with no regard to emotion or attachment or our higher capacity for intelligence than the gentle bovine?

looking at your posts... i guess some people are rather cowlike... :rolleyes:

maybe i am the one with a problem. i have a problem with your racist pig comments. just like in the thread where you blamed people with a different skin color for taking away all your jobs. you clearly don't have a problem with your disgusting attitude but others do. i am one of them.

welcome to my ignore list, adolf. you're the first.

5. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Squid, You're a genious. I couldn't have said it any better. Yes, white people aren't supposed to be proud of their heritage. I guess I'm not politically correct. I won't lose any sleep over that one. I also notice how Hitler's name always gets mentioned in these types of discussions.

Every race and group on earth hang together to help each other and maintain their heritage. But, whites are missing the gene that tells them to preserve their race. They would rather help anyone other than their own for what reason I don't know. I read somewhere that about 8% of any population are immune to gov. propaganda. The rest are lemmings that believe everything they see and hear to be true. The hate is spewn out by those who think their way is right and the only way. To believe in what you think is right doesn't make you a hateful person. There are plenty on this board who don't want to hear anything other than status quo.

6. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, you clearly do not approve of our marrage then. Me caucasian of German decent, DW, filipina. But why then have we been able to stay married for 20 years and have had no problems? Why as well is it that the two of us are accepted anywhere we go, be it here, Japan, Korea, or the Philippines? It seems there are still a few however that can't accept that. Walker, I hope this doesn't upset you, but we have no intention of seperating just to meet your approval, so I hope you can learn to deal with it.

7. Mystery Squid

You want an explosive discussion, explore this concept: What is the root cause of this perception, that is now perceived as "ugly"?

I'll use this little concept to demonstrate a point: If we assume for a moment, all homosexuality is genetic, am I a then exhibiting racism in that I prefer the company of a woman? Am I a racist because I check off the box "females only" on a dating site?

Social perceptions, what's vogue, and what isn't, that's all it is...

After WWII, preserving any sort of white heritage was no longer in fashion, so to speak...

8. Mystery Squid

I really don't think he's saying that he is better, or that his heritage is better, simply that he prefers to keep within his own heritage. I, for the life of me, do not see anything wrong with that.

On top of that, I'm sure there are plenty of other heritage's (word?) in this world that would not approve of your marriage. Take for example, the Hasidics, or any other peoples of similar characteristics. No one has a problem with them excluding anyone other than their own....

It's when you starting THINKING you're BETTER than anyone else. THAT'S racism, and THAT'S a problem...

9. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no problem with someone wanting to stay within their own racial (whatever that means) group. But I do have a problem when they don't approve of someone elses choice. And I would have that problem regardless of whom it came from, be it the Hasidics, KKK, or anyone else.
    When my wife and I met, neither of us had any concerns of skin color or eyelid shape, there are too many other factors that outrank that.

Your last statement Squid, is 1000% correct! That is where the problem begins!

10. Mystery Squid

Hey, I agree! :D

I'm not into preserving my heritage (I, for one, have decided that my heritage starts with me, even if I'm the only one IN my heritage!), so to speak, but if someone wants to preserve theirs, by all means... I just don't think (and I'm generalizing here) anyone should assume people as such are racist Nazi's for believing in such just because they're white. It's sort of a weird form of reverse discrimination...

11. Mystery Squid

Oh, something of relevence in today's New York Times...

Here's an excerpt:

"Christian singles have coffee hour. Young Jews have JDate. But many Muslims believe that it is forbidden for an unmarried man and woman to meet in private. In predominantly Muslim countries, the job of making introductions and even arranging marriages typically falls to a vast network of family and friends. "

Hmmmm, seems like a lot of heritage preservation going on here....

For full article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/nyregion...artner=homepage

12. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's your business. I expected no less than insults and name calling from you.

13. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's your affair. I'm not concerned about your choices.

14. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Reply didn't mean to connote any compliment whatsoever. It meant to be a flagrant caustic remark. One has to be prepared for malicious responses after one is inclined to pass egregious racist comments. I don't tolerate racists ....wits!

15. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Good choice, people with racists and fascists ideas fit well on the ignore list.

16. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You sure are obsessed with the word racist. Yeah yeah, whatever.........

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

OMG!!! They still EXIST!!!!! You need to be in a museum.

18. Mystery Squid

:lol:

Yeah, when presented with a conflicting point of view or belief:

[​IMG]

19. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there's a difference between a conflicting point of view and something that makes me physically ill at how appalling the idea is.

i simply don't want to know any more about what he thinks or has to say about it. i don't need any more reasons to dislike the rest of humanity.

20. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I think the first statement is disingenuous. Why would someone "prefer" to "keep within his heritage"---UNLESS he thought it was "better"? Even if he didn't say it? (Most don't, except among themselves, and even then only if there's an appropriate trust level.)

And thinking you and/or your lifestyle are "better" ISN'T "racism" or any other "ism".
    Racism (or sexism, genderism, etc.) occurs only when you ACT in a discriminatory manner.

Don't we all have total freedom of thought, even if not of action?