1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The beginning of the end of a 60-year era?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Jun 14, 2012.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I think there's a bit of over-reaction here. My observation here in Edmonton is there are -more- "classic vehicles" shown than ever before. We have shows almost every day of the week. Was just at one last night (showing the Prius, of course). There were lots of "special" vehicles there from the 50s and 60s along with hot rods. There were even restored foreign vehicles.

I -suspect- the observed decline in parts of the US is due to the economy. The toys go first! So far, we haven't suffered from the economic troubles here in Alberta. So the toys are still around. Though from the number of used motorcycles I see on Craig's List for sale it may be starting here as well.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Bob, I wish I could agree. Google "cars and coffee". It's an auto event, held every saturday in some of the very well to do cities around the nation, as well as around their surrounding communities. We have one in the neighboring city of Irvine. Yes the hot rods are typically owned by "geezers". However, the Porches, ferraris, aston martins and lamborghinis, are not. Neither are the New mustangs and camaros - Mitsubishi, etc I don't know where folks are getting their money - but when you go to one of these events .... you'd think that economic times are great. The upside was that on more than one occasion the local nissan leaf group has been there - and many of the gear-heads were looking & talking quite very favorably about the electric cars & plunging in/plug-it's. It felt like there was a ray of hope.
    :)

Cars and Coffee™ Irvine

SGH-I717R ? 2

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So are we
    So do we all agree?