1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The best tires money can buy.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Doza, Jul 6, 2009.

1. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Me too. Our first Prius has 18,500 miles on it and the Integrities look like they've barely been used.

2. haruman

haruman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I replaced my integritys with the goodyear fuelmax and I have to say that there is a bit more noise. My mileage has dropped about 1-2 mpg for my daily commute. I think I'm going to go with the Michelin Energy Saver A/S for my next set even though they cost 30 bucks more per tire.

3. SyCo

SyCo Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What about the Yokohama AVID ENVigor ?Yokohama

What they are saying:
    I would also have thought about the more eco-friendly dB super E-spec but I don't know about their snow capability
    Yokohama Tires

4. Tekdeus

Tekdeus Shifted to Green

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tire Rack did a comparision with the Prius on many of these low rolling resistance tires: When Round and Black Becomes Lean and Green

New tires take a few thousand miles to break in and take an initial mileage hit.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is a fabulous article. Tire Rack did a good job there. Thanks, Tekdeus!

6. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I must say I like my GY Fuel Max. As well! Great in all conditions and good FE. I have used Hydro Edge as well. Hal

7. Stringmike

Stringmike New Member

We upgraded the tires on my wife's 2004 Prius to Michelin MXV4 in the wider (European/Japanese) size. Costco refused to sell them to us because they were not on Toyota's approved list! However, Discount Tire were more than happy to sell and mount them for us.

The improvement in ride and handling has been nothing short of miraculous. Long-term fuel economy is down from 50.2 to 48.2 mpg, but we wouldn't go back to the old tires now.

I strongly recommend considering ride and handling in your decision!

Mike

8. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ^^ I am convinced of the opposite for my car. But then I inflate tyres to maximum and am quite happy with noise and handling.

9. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got the Michelin Primacy MXV4, too. After buying many different tires on many cars, I always end up coming back to Michelins and the Primacy MXV4 is the best yet. They cost an arm and a leg but you get what you pay for.