1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

THE color of your PRIUS and your personality

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Genoz World, May 10, 2008.

1. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to Priuschat and congratulations on your new Prius!

By the way, nice avatar. :)

2. bushface

bushface Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a gray prius, a red ragtop jeep and a black pickup all ordered from a dealer. Color by choice not by chance or availiblity. What does that say about personality? I pick the color I like on that vehicle.

3. GadgetCar

GadgetCar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wanted the dark blue color but the dealer didn't have any. I ended up with the tan/bronze color that was close to the Camry that I used to own.

4. 08kashmir

08kashmir New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Oops! I guess I clash, because we have a Desert Sand Mica Sienna, A Desert Sand Mica Corolla, and a Driftwood Pearl Prius.

We lusted after the Seaside Pearl but that's not what was being allocated at the time!

5. 08kashmir

08kashmir New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree! That Blizzard Pearl is SO nice! To bad they don't ask us...

6. Erin Rothchild-Realtor

Erin Rothchild-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Silver Pine Mica ~ It reminds me of tall trees and the woods which are so peaceful ~

Green is a color of life and growth...not the kind of growth that comes from eating to much ice cream....although we like to do that too...lol...

Silver Pine Mica is also refreshing... "quietly" different ... that is appealing. It felt like the best color for my insides..which was a sweet stretch and accomplishment personally, as previously have had vehicles that are more "RE/MAX" like...white or red....

Super Happy and LOVE my "baby"

...Congratulations to all Owners and Upcoming Owners. External color is a personal choice ...there is something for everyone... Just like the produce section of the grocery store..think of all the different and yummy fruits...there are apples, oranges, peaches,bananas and pears, just to name a few.

If we all liked and ate just one type of fruit, or one color,we would miss out out on the variations and options life has to offer.

Erin "+"

7. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After many very hot summers in my dark gray Mitsubishi, I swore I'd never buy a dark car again. I've never had a white car before, so I went with SuperWhite. It's amazing at the difference a light car makes in how much less it heats up in the sun, and how much less time it takes to cool off. I'm a conservative practical sort, so that definately played into my selection - But bottom line - it always looks good, and I like it:)

8. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own and am a huge fan of the Barcelona Red color. I believe it is a sports-car-like reflection of how fast this car truly is! I will take on any mid-size sedan in a zero-to-ten mph race and leave them in my dust! ;)

9. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If I didn't get white, my top 3 choices were Silver Pine Mica, Spectra Blue, and Mag Grey.

10. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is my first dark blue car, but I'm on my 3rd Yamaha blue motorcycle. Love the Spectra blue and gray interior. It does let me know when it's dusty, probably much quicker than a Silver car would, but that's fine, don't mind.

11. gak27

gak27 Prius, Take Two

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Same here. I thought it looked best in the Mag Gray and Spectra Blue, wound up w/ the gray (really would have liked either in Touring but...). We've had silver, dark blue, white, medium blue, gold and silvery/bronze cars, and we didn't like the Prius in white/silver/SPM...I guess you could say it fits my personality when I think the color fits the car...

Greg

12. rondodog

rondodog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I chose white for purely practical reasons: I live in hell. Los Angeles is long on heat and short on shade. I often have dogs in the car and need to have it be as cool as possible (windows always cracked halfway and I try to find whatever shade is available, however far away). A friend showed me that white cars are noticeably cooler than any other color, so white it is! I'd love to live somewhere that is less-hot and I can pick a car color I actually like (Blue!).

13. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What Toyota needs to do is borrow some color choices from Cooper. The mini has some good colors.. The Prius, not so much...

14. WWJD08

WWJD08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wanted the red metallic it changes to different shades of red and I like the candy apple shade, the wife wanted dark grey metalic, but shes going through menapuse and everything is in the grey area.
    The day I went and ordered it with my $600.00 incentive check she did not want to go and stayed home in bed. Menapause really sucks !