1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The "Current" EV

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Wiyosaya, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
  2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting. I haven't seen this make before. Seems like a reasonable smart car alternative and as long as the mileage would do >65 miles I should be able to use it. I'm not on the hunt for a car just yet, but around 2010 I'm thinking about maybe dumping the prius and buying a "family" wagon and a commuter car. I want the commuter to be an EV and do at least 70 miles.

3. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My guess is this is one of the Chinese imports just based on the look of it. From the page below, claim 65-70mph top speed, 4.9 sec 0-60, and range of 65-200 miles. I assume the range difference is whether you go for the Nilar (NimH) or Li-ion battery.

Colorado Auto Connection - The Current Electric City Car

Rob

4. jfan

jfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Way too little documentation here...0-60mph in 4.9 sec??...I smell a fish!

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't think 4.9 second is out of the question for an EV that small. That said you will not get good range if you floor it, but EV's that can do high-way speed will have enough tourque to make the car fly of the line.

I agree that it looks like a chinese car imported and propped with batteries. It doesn't to regenerative braking which tells me this is a quick convertion.

Still I'll put it on the list, but I'm still hoping that one or the major players get something better on the market soon (in order Mercedes A-Class, Nissan, Subaru, Tesla (sedan), Mini, Phoenix Motors, think etc). They all seem more attractive to me as they either are larger or are from a reputable/servicable name.

/Robert

6. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Funny. Click on "find a dealer near you".
    I picked 15 states, always getting the message "sorry there are no dealers in that state".
    Why don't they just list where they have dealers instead?

7. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Too little information for this to be legitimate... Either that, or they don't know how to make a website where users can find information.

Also, I didn't see anything on Google regarding this 'Current'

8. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    is it legal in CA? and where can i test drive?

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Any time you see the word 'hydrogen' on a web page, in print, or TV ~ run the other way. The boiler plate ALWAYS admits 'in just 10 years' ... which is what the hydrogen/hybrid research industry has been saying since the 70's. Sure, researchers builds concepts for the tune of a cool million. but othewise? . . .