1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Day the Music Died

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by efusco, Oct 29, 2009.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well better it work now, rather than you pull into Toyota and surrender your car for the needed maintenance, only to have the tech find it working just fine, as you just did. Murpheys Law, it's a bitch!!

In my experience dealing with ANY electronics, a intermittant problem like yours, 99% of the time turns out to be either corrosion, or loose pins making poor contact. In both cases I would take the time to PULL the aforementioned plugs that Patrick so wisely pointed out, Smart lad there, and with all power off, gently pull them out of their sockets and reseat them several times.
    I have found this over years of field servicing Video and Audio systems at way too many Monday Night Footballs, Pro Gof tours, and at the many other TV field remotes. etc.. The most ill timed problem can be cured by a good WHACK on the piece of equipment in question. If it's loose connection somewhere, your going to see a change when the hit comes!! Then you open the side of the camera, whatever, reseat the circuit cards, reseat ALL plugs, power up, close it up and 99% of the time IT WORKS FINE!!!

Besides, wadda got to lose..
    Like I always say,
    "If it's already broke, HIT IT, if it breaks, well it needed fixing anyway!!!"

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If nothing else hitting it is cathartic!:smash: