1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The dumbest questions you were ever asked about your Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusOwner004, Sep 12, 2007.

1. glennsferryprius

glennsferryprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Nov 17 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]541059[/snapback]</div>
    My answer to the question about hauling would be that I would use my truck, I'm driving the Prius because I don't need more than a few tools to take today. Then I would refer them to this Priuschat.
    While I never asked (out loud), I never considered the Prius until a person stopped to for gas as I was stopped to get fuel. This was in Oregon, the Prius was from Washington, and I am from Idaho (yeah, I drive a lot for my work). To say that it caught my attention would be an understatement. I was stunned. I considered it to be a commuter vehicle, like my Geo Metro, only limited by batteries.

I work with computers and computer controlled electronics, so I should have known better. But I didn't as I had written the Prius off before even giving it a chance. Once I had a reason to look into HOW the car works, and what it can do, I knew I had to give it a try. My bride took a little convincing, having been disappointed by other "small" cars. Last May as we were driving from home to Twin Falls ID (130 miles round trip) she said we should test drive a Prius so we can cross it off our list. The dealer even had one we could test drive.

We ordered on that day. We got it on the 15th of June, and have 21,300 miles on it (I said I drive a lot for work). I couldn't be more pleased with it. I have even converted a doubting thomas who is looking for a Prius.

I guess what I tried to say is there are people like me who don't understand the technology, and really won't until the prius is seen in a situation outside of expected environments. Then the questions start to roll.

Priuschat has indeed made it easy to try and be as green as possible. So please tolerate the people brave enough to voice the "dumb" questions. We may not get everyone, but we are making progress.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i go with daniel on this one too. its not how intelligent the question...its the ones with preconceived notions based on BS articles who accept what they hear without thinking about it that is dumb...

what i get is "ya the hybrid premium takes what?? 10...15 years to make your money back?"

i say ya... back when gas was a buck fifty...

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Nov 17 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]541070[/snapback]</div>
    my all time favorite dumb question was "does it run on water?" Yeah, when I'm running low, I spit in the tank. Sheesh. :lol:

4. mrg

mrg Member

I was asked why I got such a small car? A lot of people still think a Prius is a compact, just looking at it. Sam's Club even advertised in a mail out they were selling Hybrids now and listed the Prius as a compact. :(

5. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusOwner004 @ Sep 12 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]511433[/snapback]</div>
    unfortunately.. the prius cost more in insruance than my 2006 Lexus is350... by about 150 more a year. It's minimal, but if you think that a 306hp car and a prius... it still dones't make sense to me..

6. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got this one yesterday..
    "Hybrid right, so it runs on gas and alcohol.."
    :blink:

7. priapus08

priapus08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a priori @ Sep 12 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]511262[/snapback]</div>
    "They can fly!"; Would be my answer

One way is to have a full sized GMC utility van smack your 05 broadside when they are full throttle ohmy.gif . I believe the landing was fine, but the takeoff made enough noise for people 2 blocks away to come out of their houses to investigate. I do not recommend this method, although it eliminated the need for an extended warranty.

My 08 "is not on the ground yet";according to my salesmen. So, I guess I know two ways they "fly" first hand. cool.gif

Then there is the third in the article on this site "My Prius Jumped Off the Road"

Perhaps, you were on a solid foundation when you said there are no dumb questions, or just maybe "I do dumb real good."

8. acdii

acdii Active Member

So, why didnt you get a Corrolla, they dont cost as much! DOH! wow I could have bought a smaller car that got less MPG!

So do you have to plug it in? Nope just have to drive over to Zion Nuclear power plant to have the rods replaced every so often!

SO, whatcha gonna do when the batteries die? Well, after 200K miles, I dont think it will matter much, maybe trade it in?

Dont drive it in deep water, it wont work afterwards. OH? Drive yours through the river much?

Tire go flat? Nope, was standing here and the other three just blew right up like that!

Finally, at a gas station, That thing uses gas? Nope Dylitium Crystals, the gas just keeps them cool.