1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The easiest way to adjust headlights.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Galane, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Galane

Galane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had to remove one of the new headlamps to bend the shield thing in front of the bulb because it wasn't centered over the bulb. I got to looking at toothed edges of the adjuster screws and the channels next to them, wondering why there wasn't a rod or something in there to make it easy to adjust so that one wouldn't have to use an 8mm socket and ratchet or an 8mm wrench or a stubby Phillips screwdriver.

*sudden inspiration hits*

A Phillips screwdriver of the right size lays in the channel and fits the gear teeth on the adjuster. Pop the cap off the one towards the outside and there's the left-right adjustment. do not know if that one will be accessible with the lamp installed but it would take a very long screwdriver to reach it. I gave it a few turns in the direction that should turn the light inward then reinstalled the headlamp.

Pics are of the old OEM headlamps. The new ones have the same channels.

20211027_160535.jpg 20211027_160637.jpg

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    How one my other Toyz works too. It's a common design. Works well .

SM-A715F ?