1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The EGR service is a bit beyond my talents. What can I expect to pay?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sani, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You're a good man youdiejoe. Cleaning the egr circuit is not for the faint of heart or less mechanically inclined individuals.

Good thing there's green paper that's accepted by all to also get the job done. (y)(y)(y)

youdiejoe and Sani like this.
  2. Sani

Sani Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I emailed the service tech at the dealership where I had the recall performed a couple months ago to ask what it would cost:
    This morning, I got this reply:
    If their reading comprehension of service manuals is as good as it is for emails, I'm screwed. I guess you guys are right -- time to either tackle this myself, or find someone locally who can do the job.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    DIY is often by necessity...

4. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Lol.

I hate when dealerships touch my car. I only let them work on it for warranty work or highly technical work.

My recommendation is to buy some plugs and try to install yourself. If you deem the job hard/easy then you have your answer for the egr cooler. It can be done but only if YOU think it can.