1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The End of Suburbia movie trailer

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by priussoris, May 14, 2007.

1. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If oil prices climb that high, EVs will take over quickly. The price of manufacturing them will drop quickly as competition explodes. Roof top PV arrays will become the norm as people start fueling their cars with sunshine. The biggest problem will be figuring out how to supply all of these cars with electricity. In the short term people will bike and walk more. As the electricity crunch eases, people will get fatter as they drive less. Biomass will be used to make oil and fertilizer, petrochemicals and pharmaceuticals. There will be some liquid fuel consumption, probably for farm equipment and the military, but it will be greatly reduced. There will be a lot less useless packaging. Plastic grocery bags will disappear. Plastic bottles too.

That's how I see it playing out.

2. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ May 14 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]441955[/snapback]</div>
    No, I think that suburbia is the cause of 9/11. Islamic extremist are finding their converts among the poor in countries that have oppressive governments that we prop up and support in order to keep cheap oil coming. It will only get worse in the future and invading countries to secure oil resources has not helped.

I'm no more concerned about a nuclear Iran than I am about a nuclear Pakistan. The one that freaks me out is North Korea.

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually, NK isn't very scary either. The best part about it is that l'il Kim is concerned about 1 thing... himself. He'll use what he has for extortion, to make him self more comfortable, but actually launching missiles won't do that. The Iranians are really the same. Mullahs like comfort and power. You don't have either when you launch nuclear missiles at somebody else.

The debacle in Iraq has shown how difficult it is to secure oil production/transportation in a hostile environment. Anyone with any brains should know that finding alternatives and increasing efficiency is FAR cheaper and way less painful.