1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

THE Fix for Poor Fuel Fills and Bladder Burping

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by born2pdl, May 9, 2015.

1. born2pdl

born2pdl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    New thread so this info can actually be found. Like most of you, I was irritated and embarrassed the first time I tried to top off my tank at a busy station, then had a quart of fuel pour back out onto the ground before I could get the cap back on. I did a simple fix that worked forever after. I always get a full fill, never have fuel burp. Here's what to do:

Get an Exacto knife, the small diameter handle, and longer skinny blade. Trim the rubber seal at the fuel neck out to the same diameter as the metal hole. Do this by cutting only on th pull-back stroke using the metal to slice along. The result should be a clean thin rubber ring that is removed from the filler seal.

That seal was the culprit. Your gas cap and fuel evaporation system will still work as intended. And for the few fumes that get away now during fueling, compare that to the thousands of gallons of liquid gasoline that Prius owners have dumped and continue to dump onto the ground. It's a win for owners and for tree huggers.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    amazing!(y)