1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The George W. Bush Poll

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Nov 30, 2005.

1. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

And finished off his 2nd term with a dramatic 3 year lame duck period! :lol:

2. B.D.T

B.D.T New Member

You are kidding right??? There is no way you can be serious? For one thing the God**** idiot was only "Elected" POTUS once and even that is debatable. "Not to mention what he did for the economy"????? The worst economy in history? Is that what you mean?
    What country are you living in????? Greatest President ever???? My God man, What are you thinking???? Beat John Kerry in the debates? Did you watch the same debates that the rest of the country watched?

Jesus! I know this has to be a joke. It was a Damn funny one at that.

I salute your service but you really can't believe all that you said can you?

Britt

:)

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There's a P! It's TonyPSchaefer. [​IMG]

Other than voting for myself, I'm surprised he hasn't been arrested yet in an international court of justice and common sense.

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Yeah, even I have to agree GW wasn't exactly on-fire, but then again, neither was Kerry.

Although I did predict Cheney would PWN3D Roberts, and he did. With ease.

5. Mystery Squid

If I could edit it, I would... :ph34r:

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    what about the

doing a poor job BUT could be WORSE!!

option??

oh ya... cant possibly be worse

7. Mystery Squid

I agree it played a part, but not a major one. He had decided to invade Russia first, which was the BIGGEST folly, in addition to already being "stretched". Or, depending how you look at it, best thing he did... Another MAJOR factor was simply the lack of winter supplies for German troops. They were making tremendous progress across Russia until then. (stepping aside for a moment, check out www.elenafilatova.com , interesting stuff from this Ukrainian chick that goes out, visits, takes pictures, and digs up battlefield relics all around the Ukraine :) )

Yes, so who should decide? We don't even have to go to those extremes, just imagine a few battalions decide not to fight because a rather enigmatic commander has them all believing this or that isn't worth fighting? So what, ultimately the President should just "hope" orders will be followed? General Stonewall Jackson would bitch-slap you for even thinking such!

To their credit, they gave no grand illusion about this being a "quick" war from day one. People these days have no patience and think "democracy" can be implemented in a country within a matter of months. Yeah, well, kind of hard to do when we're not even allowed to target Mosques being used as grouping/rally points, and other such "librally influenced" ideologies...

8. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I honest to God don't know if this is sarcasm. I think I detect sarcasm, but I'm not sure? Are you for real?

Nate

9. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    First off, I'll check her site out. Western Russia has to be a gold mine of WWII relics!

Yes the Germans planned poorly for the 1941 end game. None the less, massive numbers of soviet troops were surrendering until the brutal treatment started. These levels of surrendering were not seen again, despite the fact that the Wehrmacht won some spectacular victories in the east, even after Stalingrad (the retaking of Kharkov, for example). German brutality played a large part in that.

Jackson was a hypocondrical freak and he deserved nothing more than the bullet that struck his abdomen. For someone who seems to be a patriot I'm surprised that you'd bring that anti-constitutional freak up. His death was a great gift to this country. Good general? Yeah, but he was an enemy of the constitution.

That's the reality of it. They knew that in advance considering the emotional nature of our involvement there. That was a no brainer. Any idiot could have figured that out.

That's the problem with the situation. It's not total war. In total war the gloves are off. In this situation we simply can't do that. Same problem we faced in Vietnam. We keep jumping into fights where we've got one arm lashed to our back. The arm is lashed for a good reason, but we're hobbled none the less.

That's true. They continually made statements to that effect. Then again, they were suggesting that Iraqi oil would pay for a substantial amount of the rebuilding effort. Considering how vulnerable oil pipelines are to attack suggests to me that they might not have believed what they said. That's just a guess but then again who would have made a suggestion like that if they'd seriously considered the issues at hand.

I agree that people (particularly Americans) are short sited. I don't disagree with proposed intent of this effort. It's a nobel cause in theory. Taking the Bismarkian view though I think we should have avoided this one. Armies aren't designed to make peace, they're made to destroy. There are two basic inventions that make this job extremely difficult if not impossible. 1.) the assault rifle. 2.) plastic explosives. If any military can succeed it's ours. The deck is stacked against them and they're in a role for which they weren't designed. We've overcome bad odds before. I hope that we can do it again.

10. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, I voted for you man. Pointed out the P thing to boot.

11. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    BTW, Squid. I love how we've managed to turn this into an Eastern Front discussion. What was the original topic?!? :huh: :lol:

What are the odds that that would happen on a Prius site? Any Vegas bookies out there?

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

13. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Run Tony run!

14. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    First of all do some of you ever sleep? i hope I find time today to read all of the comments written on here last night. Especially Tripp and Mystery Squid, thank you.

I think the recent performance of GW and co has left much to be desired but what in the hell are you talking about? GW was elected twice according to the constitution of the United States, winning the popular vote the second time by a wider than expected margin. You must be quite a student of history with the 'worst economy' in history crack. GW is not the greatest president ever but do you think you are making any sense with emotional ranting?

15. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Interesting snap shot of who is on here:

117 polled and 68 think that GW should be arrested, impeached or is the worst president ever. What is that 58%.

16. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is there any way to put an entire thread on ignore?

17. Mystery Squid

:lol: no kidding eh? That's one topic I could sit around talking about for HOURS!
    As a matter of fact, on my personal forum (the hyper link in my sig.) I have areas specifically dedicated to the Civil War, and WWII, although they haven't gotten much use in a while, and are relatively shallow... :lol:

18. Mystery Squid

Yeah, by not clicking on it.

:p

19. Mystery Squid

Well, this IS a Prius site, for which Prius owners tend to be a little more left leaning. :lol:

20. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Only 25.64% think he's doing a good job.