1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The hat trick... coffee, horses and Prius!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Nov 30, 2013.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Been busy since my last post in the spring... Celebrated one year of Prius ownership and loving it still... Nothing like a "wait, what?!" when passing a Dodge Ram on I-95... But four wheeling on terrain that would make Jeep commercials look tame in a souped up Jeep with big tires have me adventuring off the main roads and camping off the beaten path.

Bought my first house... An 1850s fixer upper complete with 19 acres, a drilled well, a dug well and an outhouse (I have indoor plumbing but a four seater outhouse with a lime pit was a plus...LOL!

It is now a ****er for chickens... My new chicken coop with seven eggs a day!

But my BF, now fiance, loves coffee as much as me, loves the six girls in the yard that he has known for almost a year and as a master technician, was certified back in the Gen 1 era. He is looking for a Gen 1...hence the hat trick. Coffee, horses and Prius...and I love having a Prius doctor in the house.

For my birthday I got my Weather Tech mats... They rock!

To all my PC friends...hope you are well and rocking your Prii!

2. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Four wheeling in my fiance's Jeep... We do talk about what four wheeling in my Prius might entail!

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've seen VW Golfs and Jettas lifted (low, fragile oil pan in those cars) but no Prius lifts yet.

OceanEyes likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome back and congrats on the home, chickens, fiancé and Prius anniversary.

OceanEyes likes this.
  5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's great to hear you're doing so well, and have found someone to share your life with.

OceanEyes likes this.
  6. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    What hyo said!

OceanEyes likes this.
  7. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    And... Adding a Gen 2 to our family! She's a 2006, red and in the process of getting dolled up and getting some battery cells replaced... She's throwing some codes I have to check on... Fiancé liked my Prius enough to get one of his own!

ftl likes this.
  8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, welcome back. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

9. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad things are going well for you, OE.

10. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm delighted to hear things are going so well.

It's possible....

A year ago, the motorway from Canberra to Sydney was blocked by a fierce summer hailstorm. I had to get home for my daughter's birthday, and the only available route involved an unmade road from Canberra to the coast, and then a drive up the coast. Every other car on the unmade road was a 4WD. There were steep hills and huge ruts and boulders, and mud and sand. But the Prius was fine (although I did have to be careful). I got quite a few double-takes from other drivers, though.

I had to stop at a supermarket to pick up a birthday cake when I got to Sydney. I still regret not taking a picture. My car was caked in orange dirt right up to the roof after my off-road journey home. I parked between a pristine Land Rover Discovery and a gleaming Toyota LandCruiser. It would have made a great photo.