1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Hybrid Hoax

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wasn't aware there was a 'winter mix' gasoline sold in California...is this in a particular area of the state??

Because in the SB-Ven-LA-OC-SD areas and the flat (non-mountainous) areas of Riv-SB, the temperatures in the winter typically aren't that much lower than at other times of the year (ie: summer-75-80 degrees; winter-60-70 degrees); it's not like we have snow or freezing temps in these areas, the closest it has gotten this winter was down to 39 degrees one night last week. Typically the weather here is very mild and the climate very Mediterranean-like.

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Um...actually my responses were mainly in response to Marin John and to kingofgix who were not restricting it to just a few right-wing nuts.

Does it really make sense that the only ones who have spoken out against hybrids with little basis in fact and reality are right-wingers? Are all Democrats environmentalists or even environmentally friendly? I don't know of any specific examples to cite, since I don't really pay much attention to any of the Democratic writings or magazines. I do remember a biased piece on one of the Nightly New Shows discussing how hybrids are never worth the premium. I can assume since the author is working on one of those shows that they are liberal, but this is conjecture, since I don't remember the autoher to make certain that they are liberal.

Personally, I don't have a problem admitting that some right-wingers are anti-hybrid and that some left-wingers are anti-hybrid. Because we all know that are idiots on both sides of the aisle. :D

3. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

This is right on, and exactly what I was saying my previous post (long ago). On the topic of bashing hybrids, there is a lot of BIZARRE, DISTORTED, and MISLEADING stuff that has been said and published by Right Wing pundits. I am not trying to make a political issue out of it, but apparently they (Limbaugh, Hewitt, the WSJ, etc.) are. Why? I have no idea. But they are completely biased idiots when it comes to the subject of hybrids, so it makes one wonder about their postions on other things.

4. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Sorry, but I said only right-wingers are bashing hybrids. I did not say ALL right wingers are bashing hybrids...not even close. Those are VERY different things. You should read more carefully.

However, I will stand by my statement that only right wingers are bashing hybrids (I don't consider commenting on a Prius' pay back, bashing). By bashing, I mean calling all Prius drivers "Suckers", and saying that the Prius doesn't save gas, as Limbaugh and Hewitt have done. To my knowledge, only right wing spokespersons and writers have bashed hybridss, and they seem to being doing so frequently and with some bizarre and totally bogus agenda in mind.

5. dipper

dipper Senior Member

I can name on group of democractic supportors that hate hybrids too.... auto maker and mechanic unions.

They know that they will be out of a job if they supported hybrids. :lol: