1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The "I Wish I Hadn't Done that to My Prius" thread

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silentak1, Jul 9, 2005.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol that is ....NOT funny....

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Some of this was covered in a post I made in the Audio & Electronics forum.

I have the JBL system too. I put in Infinity 6010cs component speakers. The store only had one pair in stock so I had them install them in the front. I've ordered another pair for the rear, which I plan to put in myself next weekend.

Currently, the fronts are wired up exactly the same as the stock speakers, but I still have the crossovers that came with the Infinitys. There's nothing weird about it, except it's a component system, and the crossover is in the amp, with two separate signals going to each side. But that's not a problem when replacing with another component speaker, except for the mismatch between the JBL crossover, and what the Infinitys were designed to work with.

Everything is improved across the entire frequency range. The sound out of the stock system is pretty horrid, it would be hard to not improve on it.

After installing the rear speakers I plan to install a Bazooka subwoofer, using the new harness for the JBL system that just became available. After that I may consider an amp. My idea is to take the rear (unprocessed) speaker output from the JBL amp and run it into the front and rear high-level inputs of an aftermarket four-channel amp. Then I can use the Infinity crossovers for the front speakers rather than the digitally filtered output from the JBL front speaker output. I'll lose fader control doing this, but it may be worth it to get the JBL processing out of the loop and use the crossovers that Infinity supplied.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: The "I Wish I Hadn't Done that to My Prius" th

You didn't put them back on? I'd take them off and put them back on *my* way if I knew I could get them off without a trace and then put them back on securely.

4. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

Thanks for the tips on removal.

5. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I wish I hadn't rested my foot on the far left air vent.
    I sometimes drive with my left foot up on the dash to the left of the wheel. Well, as I was adjusting my position, I pushed the vent with my foot and it popped in. It still workes fine and you don't notice it unless you know about it, but it's loose and I need to figure out how to pull it back into position.

6. bobc

bobc New Member

I wish I had measured twice and cut once when cutting the center console trim for the heated seat switches. The cut outs are too low and the switches bump into the top of the 'hidden' drawer....

If anyone knows of a totaled Prius, I need to replace this trim piece....

7. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Prius mistakes...

I put a lawnmower in the back which left a pretty nasty gouge in the carpet back there, and also marked up the headliner pretty bad. I don't know what I'll end up doing about that, but at some point I will have to take care of that.

And buying it, but that's only one some days, and that's another story. :)

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually in retrospect, i made a HUGE mistake. My Prius is the basic model and i really wished i had opted for the safety package with SKS and side airbags.

9. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Wow... I truely hope that I won't soon read about you receiving a Darwin Award...

http://www.darwinawards.com

10. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

i wish i had never mentioned to my husband that i'd like another power outlet in the car that is easily accessible to my ipod. now he has all these plans to cut things and reroute things and its making me really nervous!

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hehehe Tifany, you might want to run down to the electronics store and pick up one of those 12 volt "Y" adapters which allows two sockets from one.

12. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

good idea, i'll mention it to him and maybe he'll calm down a little bit :)

13. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood\";p=\"106252)</div>
    You can actually get your foot on the left side vent while driving? And, if so, is it actually comfortable? I guess it must be if you do it. I laughed when I tried visualized someone doing that on, say, a first date.....

By the way, it sounds like a really dumb thing to do if you ever had to maneuver quickly.

14. HYACK

HYACK New Member

lol, Bob...

...not to mention a little painful maybe - like a knee in the face - if the airbag ever deployed?? ouch

15. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I wish I hadn't taken that right turn in my parking garage at work so tight. That scrunching sound that happens when the right rear fender well greets the immovable concrete post is really sickening. I kicked myself in the butt $532 times to get it fixed.

16. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

ugh, i did that in my first car, an '88 thunderbird. my dad wanted to kick me in the butt about that many times when i came home that night.

17. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's nothing really... I got hit the first day I drove my first car. My dad was not pleased at all. Ripped off the front bumper!

18. meeminator

meeminator New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen\";p=\"106329)</div>
    I haven't tried it in my Prius, but I used to do this in my Camry on long drives to stretch a bit. When you're short, your legs tend to press into the seat a bit more if your feet only just touch the floor, so it helps to alleviate the pressure. But I would never do it on a first date. Second date, maybe.

19. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

hah i never thought of that, being short and your legs pressing up against the seat. i'm 5'11" and i'm usually worrying about my knees pressing up against the dash more than on the seat. if i were to rest my legs on the dash, they'd easily be through the windsheild. i wonder if platform shoes would help?

20. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

I wish I hadn't sat in some sap a week ago. I took off my pants when I drove home that evening, but put the same ones on in a hazed stupor the next morning and drove somewhere. I then had sap on my driver seat. I wasn't too worried since I've easily removed cranberry juice and a frosty before, but this didn't go over well. I used Goo-Gone to remove the sap---I applied it to a cloth like it said, but it still loosened the seat fabric and left these awful water marks. Now my seat looks like crap----fortunately, it's one of the few parts of the car you can't see while you are driving :|